Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AA Selling on Ebay
G e o r g e
post Feb 11 2015, 01:25 PM
Post #21

Dr

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,832
Region Association: None

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Feb 11 2015, 09:03 AM) *

$48 for 2 non OEM ones

Unless you HAVE TO HAVE original, buy 914 rubber's version. They are new, take a larger speaker, they are cut to fit any speaker, they fit the car perfectly and you can use the speaker's grill and not worry about kicking the tines out of the OEM version. Plus they are on sale 2 for $48.

I have never had a lick of "major" trouble with AA or it's owner. I even get a 10% discount, if I remind him. Hell, the guy even answers the phone sometimes.

I am sure there has been some bad blood spilled with some who have been involved much longer than me.... I mean this forum started cause of one, right? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) Thank you for that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

I do like to read all the slaps and digs tho.

Malcom,

AA had nothing to do with the Split. He bought the club site a year or two later. that site was already dead though. and you can't revive a dead horse.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 15 2015, 06:52 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

What part of this is restorable? Actually what part of it is even usable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-late-914-7...7ee&vxp=mtr

I don't want anyone to miss out on this stuff.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Feb 15 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #23

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 15 2015, 06:52 PM) *

What part of this is restorable? Actually what part of it is even usable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-late-914-7...7ee&vxp=mtr

I don't want anyone to miss out on this stuff.

Hey! That's just patina. I'm sure the steering shaft is usable if he includes it.

Read his negative feedback. It would be worth buying some of his crap to keep driving his rating lower leaving negative feedback.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Feb 19 2015, 12:07 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,419
Region Association: Southwest Region

Took me about 23 years or so to make another purchase from George. Made some purchases in 1990/1991 (pre-internet!) and got a bad taste. Gave him another shot in 2013 or so and it was still a mess.

Some of the stuff he wants to create (speaker grills and upper dash pads) are great ideas, but you better have some engineering experience or hire somebody who does if you want to get it past prototype stage. While it sounds like a great business plan to have some third world manufacturer pump these out for $.05 each and you sell 'em for $80.00 a pop, it doesn't usually work that way.

I was all about getting this dash pad he was having made a few years ago. Until I actually saw the pics he posted on his site (a full two or so years later than his anticipated "they'll be ready on xxxxx" date). I can tell you from those pictures that he is light years from having a product that matches the factory quality. And that's saying a lot, because while Porsche is known for quality, I think we could all agree that most of the components on our cars wouldn't be considered high end in today's automotive world. Take that in for a minute....with all of the technology available today, AA is still a long way from matching the quality of a 40 year old plastic part.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm mystified how AA could have fumbled the opportunity to own the entire market for aftermarket 914 products. It was there for the taking back in the late 80's. Yes there was Automotion, Performance Products, Tweeks and others, but they weren't 914 centric.

I just use Pelican and Mikey nowadays.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 08:19 PM