Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

16 Pages V « < 14 15 16  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Awesome Vanagon thread with Porsche Content, On the hunt for an H6
Chris H.
post May 15 2018, 07:29 AM
Post #301

don't reMember

Group: Members
Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Chip only.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
flmont
post May 15 2018, 02:59 PM
Post #302

Member No.: 9,676
Region Association: Southwest Region

oh,..good Thanks
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post May 16 2018, 08:16 AM
Post #303

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 14 2018, 06:56 AM) *

It does creep up on you doesn't it? I picked up a Stage 1 ecutune chip last week for my 914 and MAN does it make a difference.

I'm on the hunt for an EG33 or EZ30. Steve has some big HP Plans so he should hang on to that spare motor for now. I'll find one soon I'm sure.

I'm curious what specific benefits you've gotten from the chip. I've got a Stage 1 v 5 chip that was never installed when we did the conversion because we wanted to see how the engine worked without it. I kind of forgot about the chip but you've jogged my memory. At the time, it was purported that it would allow use of regular grade gas instead of premium. That would be a great savings by itself, especially with the crap that's out there now.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 16 2018, 08:47 AM
Post #304

don't reMember

Marc,

The "seat of your pants" difference is that it's more responsive and has fewer parameters to monitor so the minor hesitation that you might find occasionally with the stock ECU is gone. Seems like the power curve has been slightly altered. It does allow the use of regular gas if you want. You install a switch that you can toggle back and forth between. I bought the ECU with the chip so it has a switch installed if you want pics of it. Very simple on/off that is powered by a keyed source. The regular/premium switch was apparently also designed alternatively to be used in conjunction with nitrous so it must retard the timing slightly. Might be nice for highway trips. Regular gas is almost $1 cheaper around here.

+Quote Post
KELTY360
post May 16 2018, 08:49 PM
Post #305

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 16 2018, 07:47 AM) *

Marc,

The "seat of your pants" difference is that it's more responsive and has fewer parameters to monitor so the minor hesitation that you might find occasionally with the stock ECU is gone. Seems like the power curve has been slightly altered. It does allow the use of regular gas if you want. You install a switch that you can toggle back and forth between. I bought the ECU with the chip so it has a switch installed if you want pics of it. Very simple on/off that is powered by a keyed source. The regular/premium switch was apparently also designed alternatively to be used in conjunction with nitrous so it must retard the timing slightly. Might be nice for highway trips. Regular gas is almost $1 cheaper around here.

Does the chip benefit mpg or is the savings vs. higher octane the benefit?

Also, I didn’t realize the hesitation was ecu related.
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 16 2018, 09:18 PM
Post #306

don't reMember

I haven’t driven it long enough to assess MPG but will let you know. Most people on the SVX board say they got a heavier right foot after installing the chip so MPG went down a bit. It was designed to increase performance and smooth out the power curve but in 87 octane mode the timing would be slightly retarded which may also increase MPG. And the gas is cheaper of course.
+Quote Post
gymnastlymph
post Jul 12 2018, 08:11 AM
Post #307

Member No.: 22,306
Region Association: None

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 18 2015, 10:42 AM) *

Mixed results in the Vanagon world. I know two guys who did the Bostig swap and then switched to Subaru /4s. I know others who love them. The guys who switched weren't impressed with the torque of the Focus. I think those who are happy with their Bostigs are just glad to be done with the waterboxer.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif)
I bought a E-Hybrid Panamera S 2 years ago. I love its fuel efficiency. Its the best sports-sedan i ever seen.

But, now a days i am facing problem with my V6 Engine. Will anyone suggest me how to customize the electric motor to improve its parformance?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
76-914
post Jul 12 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #308

Repeat Offender

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(gymnastlymph @ Jul 12 2018, 07:11 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Feb 18 2015, 10:42 AM) *

Mixed results in the Vanagon world. I know two guys who did the Bostig swap and then switched to Subaru /4s. I know others who love them. The guys who switched weren't impressed with the torque of the Focus. I think those who are happy with their Bostigs are just glad to be done with the waterboxer.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/birthday3.gif)
I bought a E-Hybrid Panamera S 2 years ago. I love its fuel efficiency. Its the best sports-sedan i ever seen.

But, now a days i am facing problem with my V6 Engine. Will anyone suggest me how to customize the electric motor to improve its parformance?

I doubt that anyone here will be able to assist you with that, Everyone at this site is s "Petro Head"! Now if you had a 914 model this would be your place. Good luck with your search. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 14 15 16
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 08:31 AM