Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> more wheel fitment questions? anyone to offer help?, Samba minilites 14inchx6.5 and 15 inch x7
funk
post Mar 1 2015, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,531
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

He has not told me the backspacing number but they are four lug and I finally found out the rears are 7 inches wide and fronts are 6.5 inches wide. I want to put them on a narrow bodied 76 914?Anyone know if they would fit or what the offset would need to be to fit? no matter the offset I figure I would need to roll the fender but not certain? the guy wants 350 obo for a vintage set of what I think are minilites? I thought it was a great deal but of coarse I have a big concern of the wheel width and the difference in size 15 inch rears and 14 inch fronts? any advice appreciated?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Mar 1 2015, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

I have 6x16 on the front, no problem; had 7x15 on the front of my other 914; again, no problem.

I have 7x16 on the rear; had to pull the fenders out. YMMV.
+Quote Post
damesandhotrods
post Mar 1 2015, 07:25 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,218
Region Association: Northern California

A vintage set of Minilites for $350 is a good deal, but $350 for a set of olde Minilite knock offs isn’t. The wheels are marked, so there is no excuse for being taken. The 914 pretty much needs the same offset as a VW Karmann Ghia and Type 3. The vast majority of 4 lug VW wheels are made for Beetles, so until the seller provides the backspacing the smart bet is that they’re off a Beetle and will stick out to far in the rear…
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 1 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Can you find some local to the seller with a 914 to take their car there and and least test fit one side?

Even without tires one should be able to get a good idea how they are going to fit.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:24 PM