Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more wheel fitment questions? anyone to offer help?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
funk
He has not told me the backspacing number but they are four lug and I finally found out the rears are 7 inches wide and fronts are 6.5 inches wide. I want to put them on a narrow bodied 76 914?Anyone know if they would fit or what the offset would need to be to fit? no matter the offset I figure I would need to roll the fender but not certain? the guy wants 350 obo for a vintage set of what I think are minilites? I thought it was a great deal but of coarse I have a big concern of the wheel width and the difference in size 15 inch rears and 14 inch fronts? any advice appreciated?
Spoke
I have 6x16 on the front, no problem; had 7x15 on the front of my other 914; again, no problem.

I have 7x16 on the rear; had to pull the fenders out. YMMV.
damesandhotrods
A vintage set of Minilites for $350 is a good deal, but $350 for a set of olde Minilite knock offs isn’t. The wheels are marked, so there is no excuse for being taken. The 914 pretty much needs the same offset as a VW Karmann Ghia and Type 3. The vast majority of 4 lug VW wheels are made for Beetles, so until the seller provides the backspacing the smart bet is that they’re off a Beetle and will stick out to far in the rear…
Mueller
Can you find some local to the seller with a 914 to take their car there and and least test fit one side?

Even without tires one should be able to get a good idea how they are going to fit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.