Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> For Sale 1970 914, Restored Porsche for sale in CT
Sgeorgejr
post Mar 11 2015, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,642
Region Association: None

Hi All, I have not posted on this website, but i used it often during my restoration of this 914. I hate to see it go, but it is impossible to fit my 3 kids in it, so i selling it to buy another money pit (a boat). Anyhow, I restored this car and finished in 2007. The motor has a bunch of modifications including: 96mm. pistons, 78mm. crank, webcam 86b, H-beam rods, large capacity oil pump, mallory Unilite Distributor, Dual Weber 44's (and thats all i can think of) I used all German parts in the rebuild as far as bearings and gaskets. I have all the receipts except for the Jugs ( i just lost it). The heads are upgraded to 2.0 heads which fitted with SS valves. The generator and starter are also both new. It runs very good and has a lot of torque. The transmisision has a new clutch and i replaced the first gear syncro. The body is in excellent shape. When i restored it, i sand blasted the car and got rid of all the rust. I put new rockers and sail panels in it. I also put a new floor in it. all of the lights, heat, wipers work very well. The car has a nice stereo in it with a sub woofer and an amp. The 6x9 speakers provide a very nice sound. All brakes and rubber lines are new. Tires are a few years old but are in excellent shape with maybe 5k on them. I redid the rims 3 years ago. Paint is excellent where i used PPG Base coat/Clear coat paint. It is a corvette sunburst mettalic orange. In the sun it is very bright orange, and the shade it more of a copper. The 2 areas of concern are a slight rip in the pass. Seat and the rear tires will rub when hitting a big bump (tires are too wide). I am asking $12,000 OBO for it. I think paypal is the easiest way. As far as shipping/ETC. i will talk to the individuals if interested. I havnt done it before, but suppose i can figure it out. I am a real person if you are worried i am some scammer. I am actually a shop teacher in Newtown, CT so you can look me up there. email me if you want more info and visit the below link to get a good look at it. My phone and email are both on the video.
Picture/Video LInk
http://youtu.be/D7WoE0tI9p0
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sgeorgejr
post Mar 11 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #2

QUOTE(Sgeorgejr @ Mar 11 2015, 10:33 PM) *

Hi All, I have not posted on this website, but i used it often during my restoration of this 914. I hate to see it go, but it is impossible to fit my 3 kids in it, so i selling it to buy another money pit (a boat). Anyhow, I restored this car and finished in 2007. The motor has a bunch of modifications including: 96mm. pistons, 78mm. crank, webcam 86b, H-beam rods, large capacity oil pump, mallory Unilite Distributor, Dual Weber 44's (and thats all i can think of) I used all German parts in the rebuild as far as bearings and gaskets. I have all the receipts except for the Jugs ( i just lost it). The heads are upgraded to 2.0 heads which fitted with SS valves. The generator and starter are also both new. It runs very good and has a lot of torque. The transmisision has a new clutch and i replaced the first gear syncro. The body is in excellent shape. When i restored it, i sand blasted the car and got rid of all the rust. I put new rockers and sail panels in it. I also put a new floor in it. all of the lights, heat, wipers work very well. The car has a nice stereo in it with a sub woofer and an amp. The 6x9 speakers provide a very nice sound. All brakes and rubber lines are new. Tires are a few years old but are in excellent shape with maybe 5k on them. I redid the rims 3 years ago. Paint is excellent where i used PPG Base coat/Clear coat paint. It is a corvette sunburst mettalic orange. In the sun it is very bright orange, and the shade it more of a copper. The 2 areas of concern are a slight rip in the pass. Seat and the rear tires will rub when hitting a big bump (tires are too wide). I am asking $12,000 OBO for it. I think paypal is the easiest way. As far as shipping/ETC. i will talk to the individuals if interested. I havnt done it before, but suppose i can figure it out. I am a real person if you are worried i am some scammer. I am actually a shop teacher in Newtown, CT so you can look me up there. email me if you want more info and visit the below link to get a good look at it. My phone and email are both on the video.
Picture/Video LInk

Attached Image
+Quote Post
MikeInMunich
post Mar 12 2015, 12:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,674

Looks and sounds great. I recommend however posting more photos. In the Drop Box I also only saw one, but perhaps I missed something. Sounds like you did a good job on the rebuild. A Dyno graph would be interesting to see.
+Quote Post
Sgeorgejr
post Mar 12 2015, 05:24 AM
Post #4

Hi, I put a bunch in that YouTube link. Check that out.
+Quote Post
Sgeorgejr
post Mar 12 2015, 05:42 AM
Post #5

Picture/Video LInk

+Quote Post
Sgeorgejr
post Mar 12 2015, 05:48 AM
Post #6

Sorry here is the YouTube link

+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Mar 12 2015, 07:15 AM
Post #7

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

I was able to view the video but only one still photo. Videos are nice but the detail/quality of a video hurts one's ability to really see any detail. If possible, post some still high-res photos of the critical areas. Trunks, longs, hell hole, underside of the car, engine, transaxle, suspension, brakes, etc. GLWTS.
+Quote Post
Sgeorgejr
post Mar 12 2015, 07:20 PM
Post #8

Picture/Video LInk
Porsche
Porsche 2
Porsche 3
Porsche 4
Porsche 5
Porsche 6
Porsche 7
Porsche 8
Porshce 9
Porsche 10
porsche 11

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:00 PM