Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale 1970 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Sgeorgejr
Hi All, I have not posted on this website, but i used it often during my restoration of this 914. I hate to see it go, but it is impossible to fit my 3 kids in it, so i selling it to buy another money pit (a boat). Anyhow, I restored this car and finished in 2007. The motor has a bunch of modifications including: 96mm. pistons, 78mm. crank, webcam 86b, H-beam rods, large capacity oil pump, mallory Unilite Distributor, Dual Weber 44's (and thats all i can think of) I used all German parts in the rebuild as far as bearings and gaskets. I have all the receipts except for the Jugs ( i just lost it). The heads are upgraded to 2.0 heads which fitted with SS valves. The generator and starter are also both new. It runs very good and has a lot of torque. The transmisision has a new clutch and i replaced the first gear syncro. The body is in excellent shape. When i restored it, i sand blasted the car and got rid of all the rust. I put new rockers and sail panels in it. I also put a new floor in it. all of the lights, heat, wipers work very well. The car has a nice stereo in it with a sub woofer and an amp. The 6x9 speakers provide a very nice sound. All brakes and rubber lines are new. Tires are a few years old but are in excellent shape with maybe 5k on them. I redid the rims 3 years ago. Paint is excellent where i used PPG Base coat/Clear coat paint. It is a corvette sunburst mettalic orange. In the sun it is very bright orange, and the shade it more of a copper. The 2 areas of concern are a slight rip in the pass. Seat and the rear tires will rub when hitting a big bump (tires are too wide). I am asking $12,000 OBO for it. I think paypal is the easiest way. As far as shipping/ETC. i will talk to the individuals if interested. I havnt done it before, but suppose i can figure it out. I am a real person if you are worried i am some scammer. I am actually a shop teacher in Newtown, CT so you can look me up there. email me if you want more info and visit the below link to get a good look at it. My phone and email are both on the video.
Picture/Video LInk
http://youtu.be/D7WoE0tI9p0
Sgeorgejr
QUOTE(Sgeorgejr @ Mar 11 2015, 10:33 PM) *

Hi All, I have not posted on this website, but i used it often during my restoration of this 914. I hate to see it go, but it is impossible to fit my 3 kids in it, so i selling it to buy another money pit (a boat). Anyhow, I restored this car and finished in 2007. The motor has a bunch of modifications including: 96mm. pistons, 78mm. crank, webcam 86b, H-beam rods, large capacity oil pump, mallory Unilite Distributor, Dual Weber 44's (and thats all i can think of) I used all German parts in the rebuild as far as bearings and gaskets. I have all the receipts except for the Jugs ( i just lost it). The heads are upgraded to 2.0 heads which fitted with SS valves. The generator and starter are also both new. It runs very good and has a lot of torque. The transmisision has a new clutch and i replaced the first gear syncro. The body is in excellent shape. When i restored it, i sand blasted the car and got rid of all the rust. I put new rockers and sail panels in it. I also put a new floor in it. all of the lights, heat, wipers work very well. The car has a nice stereo in it with a sub woofer and an amp. The 6x9 speakers provide a very nice sound. All brakes and rubber lines are new. Tires are a few years old but are in excellent shape with maybe 5k on them. I redid the rims 3 years ago. Paint is excellent where i used PPG Base coat/Clear coat paint. It is a corvette sunburst mettalic orange. In the sun it is very bright orange, and the shade it more of a copper. The 2 areas of concern are a slight rip in the pass. Seat and the rear tires will rub when hitting a big bump (tires are too wide). I am asking $12,000 OBO for it. I think paypal is the easiest way. As far as shipping/ETC. i will talk to the individuals if interested. I havnt done it before, but suppose i can figure it out. I am a real person if you are worried i am some scammer. I am actually a shop teacher in Newtown, CT so you can look me up there. email me if you want more info and visit the below link to get a good look at it. My phone and email are both on the video.
Picture/Video LInk

Click to view attachment
MikeInMunich
Looks and sounds great. I recommend however posting more photos. In the Drop Box I also only saw one, but perhaps I missed something. Sounds like you did a good job on the rebuild. A Dyno graph would be interesting to see.
Sgeorgejr
Hi, I put a bunch in that YouTube link. Check that out.
Sgeorgejr

Picture/Video LInk

Sgeorgejr
Sorry here is the YouTube link

Cairo94507
I was able to view the video but only one still photo. Videos are nice but the detail/quality of a video hurts one's ability to really see any detail. If possible, post some still high-res photos of the critical areas. Trunks, longs, hell hole, underside of the car, engine, transaxle, suspension, brakes, etc. GLWTS.
Sgeorgejr

Picture/Video LInk
Porsche
Porsche 2
Porsche 3
Porsche 4
Porsche 5
Porsche 6
Porsche 7
Porsche 8
Porshce 9
Porsche 10
porsche 11

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.