Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Do I need to bore the case?, Want to install 94mm P&C's in a 1.7L or 1.8L Case
srwilli1978
post Mar 12 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,487
Region Association: Southern California

Hey All,

I am brand spanking new here. Been a big VW and Porsche fan for years. I have done a fair amount of Type 1 builds but the Type 4 is new to me.

I have an opportunity to pick up an OK roller project 914. The car needs a lot of work but that's the fun in all of this so I am game. It has a 1.7L in it now and with the deal is an additional 1.8L short block.

My question has to do with the engine cases and rebuilding with 94mm P&C's. I am looking at the kits from the Type 4 Store. I know there will probably be some case clearance-ing needed but will I need to bore the cases also to fit one of those type kits?

I plan on keeping the 1.7L in the car and using the 1.8L in a Type 1 swap for my 66 Bug if the case is in good enough shape. I would like to be in 2.3L to 2.5L range when done in each of the motors.

Any insight, links, or wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:57 PM