Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OKTEENERFEST 2015: 914-6 GT - the Giant Killers, Sept 17-20 in Banner Elk, NC - over 100 attendees and 62+ 914s!
poorsche914
post Aug 15 2015, 02:16 PM
Post #181

T4 Supercharged

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 12 2015, 06:04 PM) *
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Aug 12 2015, 05:54 PM) *
The Eric Strenger Porsche 914-6 GT M471?
Vysoc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)

It has been rumoured that the Strenger 914, one of the rare factory M-471 optioned cars, will be there.

It has been confirmed that the Strenger 914-6 GT M-471 optioned car will be at Okteenerfest this year along with George Hussey's similarly optioned blue 914-6 GT, Steve Limbert's factory-built race car - the Max Moritz #19 car - a team-built #18 tribute car, John Forbes' race car, Bob Saville's "Huey", a host of factory 914-6 cars, and the usual mix of 914s in a rainbow of colors (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
Well over 50 914s at this point (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
Still time to register but rooms at the host hotel are nearly gone and any remaining rooms will be released to the public on Monday. Be sure to mention OKTEENERFEST for special rates.

Four weeks til some awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 17 2015, 10:02 AM
Post #182

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073

Hopefully if you are coming to Okteenerfest you've booked your room by now. Today the block of rooms we had held is being released to the general public, and since the rest of the hotel is sold out with a waiting list, if there were any left, they will be gone today.

Now...if any of you HAVE a room and can't make it (I can't imagine what could POSSIBLY be more important than Okteenerfest that weekend) PLEASE do not cancel it yet..post it here for anyone that doesn't have a room yet to take it from you.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
BIGKAT_83
post Aug 17 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #183

Member No.: 194

I think I booked the last room yesterday. Had to get a pet friendly room.
I'll try not to get sick on this one...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
Wdunster
post Aug 18 2015, 04:54 AM
Post #184

Panel beater

Member No.: 17,469

There is a bed and breakfast in banner elk about 3 miles away that is fairly comparable on price if you missed a room. It is the azalea garden inn. Great place!
(828) 898-8195
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 18 2015, 03:05 PM
Post #185

T4 Supercharged

Thanks for the tip, Bill.

And to recap the vendors and businesses suppporting Okteenerfest 2015:
356 Devotion – Fuse covers, fuse panels, door handles, door rosettes, etc.
914 Limited – Cash sponsor of Okteenerfest.
914 Rubber - A new dash plus all kinds of other goodies.
Aase Sales – Various items.
AutoAtlanta – GT flares, Targa/Windshield seal, repro tool kit, carpet kit, side marker sets, turbo tie rod kit, 19mm master cylinder, and more.
BDR – Brake dust repellent.
Black Forest Racing - We never know until John shows up!
Bruce Stone - Rebuilt pedal cluster.
Custom Gauges by Tim – Restored gauges featuring LED lighting
Evilwerks - Free labor on a transmission rebuild.
Eckler’s Automotion – Gift certificates and PORSCHE hats.
Financial Concepts Inc. – Supporting Okteenerfest with a donation and a free financial review/planning session for attendees.
Maddogs Motorsports - Front sway bar stiffening kit, front sway bar mount kit, early rear sway bar mount kit, shim pack, heater block off kit.
Mom’s Service Covers – Hand-made service covers lovingly made by Garold Shaffer’s mom.
Paragon Products – Gift certificates
PMB Performance - Rebuilt rear caliper set.
Restoration Design – Metal restoration pieces.
Sierra Madre Collection – Variety of items.
Tarrett Engineering – 50% off sway bar purchase.
Type IV Store – $500 gift certificate.
World Upholstery – Black floor mats with PORSCHE in red.
Zymol – Car care kits.

Nearly $10,000 worth of goodies will be given away this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 18 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #186

Losing my mind...

Also...
Steve Limbert of Air Cooed Racing (bringing the Max Moritz factory GT car!!) said he's bringing to sell:
"Will be bringing several swap items including all fiber glass for GT cars , Brad Penn 20/50 race oil , Minilite Wheels both 4&5 bolt, custom axle straps and ratchets. Other misc. 914 hard parts."
+Quote Post
Wdunster
post Aug 18 2015, 10:20 PM
Post #187

Panel beater

Member No.: 17,469

This is going to be a great event!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Aug 19 2015, 01:38 PM
Post #188

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Aug 18 2015, 05:05 PM) *

Nearly $10,000 worth of goodies will be given away this year (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

This is a significant milestone. 50+ cars and $10K+ in prizes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)

Quite an increase from the first Okteenerfest we had!

Congratulations to the organizers. If the event keeps growing at this rate the 5th Annual Okteenerfest will require a much bigger venue!
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 19 2015, 06:08 PM
Post #189

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,438

I have been following up with our sponsors and some of that $10K in items has started rolling in! Got very nice gift cert from Ron at AASE Sales!

Everyone may want to be sure I make it to the event because I am the only one that knows where all the stuff is!

On a serious note, it is truly staggering the level of support our vendors have provided for this event. These people are committed to the 914 and supporting us. It is really important that we show them our support. Please try to utilize these sponsors when you buy. Even if you are not coming, these are the vendors that want your business and they are trying to earn that business.

+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 19 2015, 06:48 PM
Post #190

T4 Supercharged

Hey, Michael... do we need to rent a U-haul for ya? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Aug 19 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #191

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

Looking forward to the great pictures! Hope someone with writing talent will be working on an article for PCA, Excellence, R&T, etc.
+Quote Post
23e Heure
post Aug 20 2015, 02:57 AM
Post #192

Busy overtaking 911s

Member No.: 19,057
Region Association: England

How cool does this event look!

And what a total blooming coincidence that it is happening just as I start my search for a GT rep.
A rep which in my head will be a Marathon De La Route homage.

Maybe there will be a few hopeful sellers there in Banner Elk: please keep your ears to the ground for me!

Shame the event is so far away from me, else I'd be bowling right over there.

Picture picture pictures please (needless to ask, I guess).
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 20 2015, 02:40 PM
Post #193

Advanced Member

Things are still rolling in! Mark and the great guys at Stoddard are sending some really great stuff. How about out-side door handle seal kits and “Porsche Friend” decals for everyone? A few people will be sporting Stoddard/Huziker shirts. Someone will be very happy with a full set of the new Stoddard/Hawk HP brake pads on their 914.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mblizzard
post Aug 20 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #194

Advanced Member

Sometimes I am amazed at our sponsors. I happened to order some parts from Tarett Racing. I received an email from Ira at Tarett asking if I needed anything else. Really? Who does that in this day and age? Well done Tarett!

Attached Image
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 21 2015, 06:30 AM
Post #195

T4 Supercharged

Some more numbers fun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)

Of the (60) 914 owners registered, they collectively own over (120) 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
Over the years this same group has owned well over (225) 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
That's an average of over (4) 914s per person. And when you consider some have only owned ONE... well, others have owned DOZENS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 21 2015, 07:14 AM
Post #196

Losing my mind...

I have had a few questions about itinerary, timing, what exactly we are doing, etc. The tentative itinerary is on the okteenerfest.com website, but I thought I would give everyone here a quick update and more information.

First, about 2 weeks out, everyone who's registered will get an email from me with some registration/check in information, and things to consider/bring for the weekend. No need to go over that now. Then you'll get a reminder about a week in advance with a few more details. If you DO NOT get an email from me, that's because some of you don't know what your email address is and it bounced. I will post on here that an email went out, so if you don't get it....Houston, we have a problem!

Thursday:
- Check In: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif) we will have check in at the hotel in a separate room just down the hall from the front desk. Probably from 4-7 or so. This is when you'll get your goodie bag, registration packet, sign waivers, and hopefully get to see all the cool swag we have for door prizes! You will be on your own for dinner...there are plenty of great restaurants right near the hotel.

Friday:
- The Drive!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) For those new to Okteenerfest, we do our drive on Friday. We leave at about 9:14, take a break after about an hour of driving, then stop for lunch (your on your own for that, we'll be in Spruce Pine, NC), take another break in the afternoon (Linville Falls!!) and get back to the hotel late afternoon. After lunch, we encourage you to follow the directions at your own pace and enjoy the scenery, stop when you want, and just have fun. No need for everyone to stay together.

- Dinner: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) Dinner Friday night is included in your registration fee and will be in the hotel...casual burgers/dogs/brats. There will be a cash bar (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Saturday:
- People's Choice Car Show!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) This year, the car show will be in the park in the middle of downtown Banner Elk - 1.2 miles from the hotel. I am a HUGE proponent of sharing this wonderful (crazy??) hobby we all have with the general public, so be prepared to have lots of people ask questions, take pictures and admire your pride and joy. Peoples' Choice 'judging' will be from about 9:14 to 11:30 or so, then you are on your own for lunch. There will be PLENTY of places right there in town you can walk to.

- Saturday Afternoon: We've put together a handful of tours and/or places to visit in the afternoon if you are so inclined. Directions to Blowing Rock, Mast General Store, Banner Elk Winery, etc. Or, you can come back to the hotel where anyone that wants to sell some things will be holding the informal Swap Meet. Your choice on how you want to enjoy the afternoon!

- Dinner/Banquet: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) Saturday evening will be the awards dinner, also included in your registration fee and also in the hotel. This is when we will give out the Car Show awards, some 'unique' fun awards, and all the tons of door prizes Mike has secured (or at least the ones left he hasn't kept himself!) Again, cash bar. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Sunday:
On Sunday, we all say goodbye. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Or...you can go do some of the Saturday afternoon fun tours that you couldn't do on Saturday!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

oh...and Each morning, Breakfast is FREE for all the hotel registrants!!

Our goal with Okteenerfest is to provide you with a fun-filled and relaxed weekend where you can enjoy your passion for this great little car with fellow nutcases..er..I mean enthusiasts!

We look forward to seeing you all in 4 weeks!!!
+Quote Post
robby750
post Aug 21 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #197

Member No.: 521

Will there be name tags? I really need name tags as I suck at remembering names. Also, I may have a passenger but won't know until the last minute. Can I pay the fee for the extra person when I get there?
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 21 2015, 09:46 AM
Post #198

T4 Supercharged

So... this is kinda what it is going to look like as we head out for the drive:

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blue914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/olympic914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/red914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ravenna914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/irish914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/silver914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg)

Why are there no icons for YELLOW, BUMBLE BEE, and BLACK???

+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Aug 21 2015, 09:48 AM
Post #199

T4 Supercharged

And here are the ones that should be Yellow, Black or Bumble Bee:
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/signal914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aubergine914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grasshopper914.jpg)

+Quote Post
naro914
post Aug 21 2015, 09:53 AM
Post #200

Losing my mind...

QUOTE(robby750 @ Aug 21 2015, 11:45 AM) *

Will there be name tags? I really need name tags as I suck at remembering names. Also, I may have a passenger but won't know until the last minute. Can I pay the fee for the extra person when I get there?

Yes, there will be nametags...
PM sent
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 08:16 AM