Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 DTM and 2316 installed!, Damn- It looks awesome!
Mark Henry
post Feb 16 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #41

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

I have a DTM sitting right here....A plenum would be a PITA.
Sure it could be done but I think for the most part it would make working in the bay a chore.
Also how to do it with out hiding the beauty of the DTM and keeping the ease of working on the fan belt, alternator, etc.

Personally I think the DTM is better suited for webers or IR TB's. A plenum is better suited for the stock cooling system. But then we never know what Jake will think of next.

For an engine my size (2.6L+) I’ve decided to forget a plenum and go with IR TB’s. Both Jake and I are in agreement, a less aggressive cam would be needed for a plenum and for me that’s a step in the wrong direction.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Feb 16 2005, 09:37 AM
Post #42

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Feb 15 2005, 03:31 PM)
This set up pictured in my car will clear the rain tray... The version 2 will NOT and will require a custom rain tray that will possibly be made for it's use if demand is great enough..

Can't wait to see the version that uses the stock oil cooler, to see where the height would come from to make the raintray not fit. A custom raintray shouldn't be too hard to make though. Man, that engine bay looks huge on the front half with that DTM doesn't it. Lots of room for something I guess, a belt-driven supercharger running on the serpentine belt, yeah baby (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Feb 16 2005, 10:23 AM
Post #43

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

All that space in front of the engine is where the OIL COOLER will be placed, in an enclosure and force fed from the top of the shroud- Just like my normal DTM.. (thats why the rain tray won't work without mods)

The air will feed through the cooler and then out the bottom of the engine tin and under the engine. I plan on making a change to that side of the shroud to bring the cylinder flashing down lower to keep that heat away from the #2 cylinder....

Once I ensure this version works well in the car I will start on the modified mold for the second version.

As you can see this takes a lot of work and its specific to only one car so I'm gonna be pissed if they don't sell to those who asked me to do this.
+Quote Post
JmuRiz
post Feb 16 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #44

914 Guru

Member No.: 50
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Sounds good, most of the people that'll run the DTM will be running carbs or ITBs in their 914, so your mock up should fit everyone's. I'm on the list and ain't gonna back down (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) If you get it to work and keep the #2 cyl cool, I'm sure people will be all over it!
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Feb 16 2005, 11:34 AM
Post #45

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

#2 is never hard to cool and routing a tad more air to it is very easy (too easy) thats why I decided to place the cooler there..

There is literally no difference in my idea and the idea of the factory when they placed the stock cooler in front of #4 cylinder... That cylinder seems to not be effected by the extra heat from the cooler.

I have another plan that would totally encapsulate the oil cooler on top and bottom and would run a tube aft under the engine with a venturi effect to help evacuate heat from the cooler cavity even better and at the same time get that air completely away from the engine...

There is room for it under the car too!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 01:45 AM