Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did somebody say "Scirocco"?, NPC - show us yours!
falcor75
post Mar 20 2015, 12:50 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,176
Region Association: Scandinavia

VWvortex Scirocco Mk1/Mk2 forum is awsome and full of friendly people too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rhcb914
post Mar 21 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #62

Member No.: 1,626

All I can say is Durocco! I had an 85 back in the late 90's I used for rally cross and a snow car. Great car, wish I still had it.

Wish I did this to mine...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7NX7usASD8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQREhPfA5w4
+Quote Post
bzettner
post Mar 21 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #63

Member No.: 15,951
Region Association: Southwest Region

I bought my first NEW Scirocco S in 1980 @ 18, $8,500...I had bought my mother's '76 from her after my POS Vega GT wagon blew up but sold it and bought my first 914 band aid...a 78 Fiat X1/9

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
porbmw
post Mar 23 2015, 11:08 AM
Post #64

Member No.: 9,534
Region Association: None

Bought a 76, new, for 6K. Was a blast to drive, replaced my teener that I'd bought new in 74, and sold to fund college.

Troublefree for 100,000 miles, sold it to buy a car for "expected" family.

Saw it in a parking lot, about 2-3 years after I'd sold it....by then the new owner had, through neglect or abuse, allowed the front of the fenders (above headlights) to rust out thoroughly (quasi teener rocker panel issue... traps sand and water), and misc surface rust everywhere.

Don't know if VW did much rustproofing on the very early models, so beware if onsidering one of that vintage

Sure wish I had it back in my "pre-sold" condition.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
steuspeed
post Mar 25 2015, 03:27 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 13,308
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Still have mine after 20yrs. 81 MKI shaved and sprayed Porsche moss green by PO. A 944 color near the original, but more metallic. Needs a new paint job. Engine is 2.0L bored German block. Audi 5000 throttle body. Big valve head port and polish. Techtonics cam and exhaust. 210mm clutch. Quaife limited slip. Bilsteins and big bars? 15"x7" BBS w/Yokohama S-drive tires. She gets up and goes.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
KELTY360
post Mar 25 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #66

914 Neferati

Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Mar 25 2015, 02:27 PM) *

Still have mine after 20yrs. 81 MKI shaved and sprayed Porsche moss green by PO. A 944 color near the original, but more metallic. Needs a new paint job. Engine is 2.0L bored German block. Audi 5000 throttle body. Big valve head port and polish. Techtonics cam and exhaust. 210mm clutch. Quaife limited slip. Bilsteins and big bars? 15"x7" BBS w/Yokohama S-drive tires. She gets up and goes.

Wicked (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumb3d.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 25 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #67

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 18 2015, 05:58 PM) *

It's not a Porsche, it's a Volkswagen! No, really. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Several people asked me recently in another thread to post pictures of mine. So here you go.

It's an '87 16V. They only made these for a year and a half (86 1/2 - 88 at the stop of the US run). The 16V was the fastest Scirocco made.

It's pretty much mint. It's a frame up restoration by a dedicated Scirocco shop in California. Engine rebuild. New head/intakes/injector sleeves, new alternator. New hoses, coil, rotors, distributor, plugs, cables, seals, gaskets. Rare no sunroof (more rigid). New Bilstein shocks and neuspeed springs w/ poly bushings. Rebuilt and painted (VW blue) calipers, neuspeed support bar and other tasteful performance upgrades. Upgraded to poly bushings all the way around. The A/C is updated and converted. Absolutely no rust anywhere. New NASA material hood liner. Small parts replaced such as tabs, clips relays, fuses, bulbs, etc. Interior is like new new. All seats reupholstered with leather and OEM 16V specific cloth fabric inserts. I can honestly say they're so comfortable, like driving in a bucket recliner. Dash is perfect. Everything works. New OEM carpet. Very nice respray in original color Flash Silver Metallic. Rubbers replaced, wing restored, new grill, lights/lenses, everything works. It has an updated Sony CD/Satellite/MP3/Radio and modern, upgraded Blaupunkt speakers. It's fast, it's fun, it handles amazing and is REALLY comfortable driving. It's like a brand new car. And like the 914, it gets tons of looks.

Recently, Eric Shea, Jaime (oldschool) and Andy (SocalAndy) were at my house and admiring it. Jaime got in it and fired it up. He looked like a kid in a candy store. I told him I was probably going to put it up for sale. He jokingly told me not to tell him that because he'd want to buy it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I'm actually considering putting it up for sale so I can purchase a G50 Carrera, which I've been hunting on and off for a year. But prices have doubled in a year, so either this or my MK4 GLI VR6 will have to go while one stays as my daily driver.

Here's some walk-around shots of the exterior, interior and engine bay. Enjoy.

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 18 2015, 05:58 PM) *

So after much careful consideration, I've (most reluctantly) decided to put my mint 16V up for sale. I've been looking for an 87-89 G50 Carrera for a year but they've pretty much gotten out of my reach now. So I'm thinking of doing a 914/6 conversion. And I can't have both. One's got to pay for the other. Some here ghosts ave expressed interest in my car. I'll entertain those here interested before I create an ad for the masses.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 12:36 AM