Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> P-car content... (no 914)
Ductech
post Mar 22 2015, 03:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,949
Region Association: Southwest Region

So about a year ago I picked up a new obsession.

A '92, almost bone stock.

Just upgraded to Koni's up front, new Rotors, Pads, ABS sensors, water pump, timing chain guides. timing belt, balance belt, body panel rubbers, and a powdercoat on the centers of those big 18inch Fikse's

I just finished refreshing the a\c system (pump removal, cleaning, fill with oil and convert to 134a, throw some o-rings at it)

But once thats all done and the other things that didn't cost anything but countless hours of time ( both headlight motors had blown internal poly-fuses. windows didn't work, ... no stereo... and I'm still working out the roof actuation system) Thank god i know my way around DVM.

Bottom line, Anyone that hasn't had a watercooler... Or a higher spec Porsche than a 914, The 944/968 series so far has bridged that gap of usable everyday car with a/c, and fun, visceral, sports car that you get excited to drive everyday... (well at least for me) So if you think a newer Porsche could be your everyday driver But you cant break the bank on a 911 (thinking 996, 964 range of price...) Consider a well loved water box instead.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 22 2015, 03:43 PM
Post #2

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

Very nice. I've always thought I wanted a 944 S2
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Mar 22 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #3

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I had a 88 944 for a few years. I bought it back in '04. It was a fun car. I have been kind of looking for a 87 - 88 924s myself lately.
+Quote Post
Ductech
post Mar 22 2015, 04:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,949
Region Association: Southwest Region

What I love is the cars balance. And the creature comforts of a modern vehicle. Plus who could say no to a front end mix of 964,993,928? And out here in the sticks of Arizona most people think its a 911 at first, at least from the front.Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 12:54 AM