Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P-car content... (no 914)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ductech
So about a year ago I picked up a new obsession.

A '92, almost bone stock.

Just upgraded to Koni's up front, new Rotors, Pads, ABS sensors, water pump, timing chain guides. timing belt, balance belt, body panel rubbers, and a powdercoat on the centers of those big 18inch Fikse's

I just finished refreshing the a\c system (pump removal, cleaning, fill with oil and convert to 134a, throw some o-rings at it)

But once thats all done and the other things that didn't cost anything but countless hours of time ( both headlight motors had blown internal poly-fuses. windows didn't work, ... no stereo... and I'm still working out the roof actuation system) Thank god i know my way around DVM.

Bottom line, Anyone that hasn't had a watercooler... Or a higher spec Porsche than a 914, The 944/968 series so far has bridged that gap of usable everyday car with a/c, and fun, visceral, sports car that you get excited to drive everyday... (well at least for me) So if you think a newer Porsche could be your everyday driver But you cant break the bank on a 911 (thinking 996, 964 range of price...) Consider a well loved water box instead.

Click to view attachment
billh1963
Very nice. I've always thought I wanted a 944 S2
GaroldShaffer
agree.gif

I had a 88 944 for a few years. I bought it back in '04. It was a fun car. I have been kind of looking for a 87 - 88 924s myself lately.
Ductech
What I love is the cars balance. And the creature comforts of a modern vehicle. Plus who could say no to a front end mix of 964,993,928? And out here in the sticks of Arizona most people think its a 911 at first, at least from the front.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.