Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AKA- Wreck 2015 route 66- Fix is done! Picks page 12, Thanks to everyone for all the help! Couldn't have done it without you
JRust
post Apr 4 2015, 10:34 PM
Post #41

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Drove over to Bend this morning to pick up my car. Borrowed a trailing arm from my v8 car so I could actually roll it on the trailer. Don't worry Jim it will be back on by monday.
Jonathan was very cool & had my car on the lift already pulling my old trailing arm. So we just threw the loaner on there. Put my spare 6" fuch on there. The trailing arm looks to me to be in the right position. I'll have to do some measuring to be sure. No problems on the way home (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 4 2015, 10:54 PM
Post #42

914 Guru

Okay so here are some pics. 1st of the trailing arm that buckled. Next is the damage to the front flare. The larger long crease near the top & the smaller one towards the door. After that we move to the back & the real damage. The rear corner is obviously bent in & down a bit. There are no crease or buckles on the inner fender in the heel well or in the trunk. Where the bigger dent is on the flare is where it buckles down just a bit.

My plan is to slowly press the rear corner back out to where it should be. I think my port-a-power from a solid spot should get that okay. Once that is out & close I will start to work on the dents. Although I may work those a little as I am pushing the rear out. I will still have the finish work done by a pro. My plan is to get it better so I can make WCR this month. I got back home with my car today to find my new trailing arm in a box on my deck. Huge thanks to Dave (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) for getting that out to me. I'll be cleaning it up & prepping it for powder coat. Then replacing the bearing & races for the stub axle. I'll see if the roller bearing setup McMark installed for my in the front of the trailing arm is okay. If so I will transfer that from my bent one.

Anyway more to come. I will be pulling my suspension front & rear. Well not the drivers rear. No problem there. I am pulling the from too as I have turbo tie rods to install as well as give me more room to work ont he passenger front flare.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Apr 4 2015, 11:02 PM
Post #43

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

Save the trailing arm.....make a cool trophy for the next one!

Glad you are planning on going. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 4 2015, 11:07 PM
Post #44

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

If I had a hand full of tools I would bump that for you at the WCR. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Port-o-power set, some scrap 2x4 pieces, assorted hammer and dolly's, grinder to remove some paint, shrinking disk, some bomb can primer to get you home... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Oh! and my bulls eye picks.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Apr 4 2015, 11:19 PM
Post #45

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 4 2015, 10:07 PM) *

If I had a hand full of tools I would bump that for you at the WCR. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Port-o-power set, some scrap 2x4 pieces, assorted hammer and dolly's, grinder to remove some paint, shrinking disk, some bomb can primer to get you home... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Definitely the shrinking disk for that rear fender....
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 5 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #46

914 Guru

I've got all but the shrinking disk. I'll go buy one before I head down. I'm all over that Rick thanks. Although I'd like to get it pushed back out enough to get my new bumper on it (thanks Mark). Should I attempt that Rick? I think I can push that corner out without to much trouble. I suppose I can attach the bumper to the one side & zip tie the other to get me down there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
3d914
post Apr 5 2015, 10:42 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 1,191
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 4 2015, 09:54 PM) *

Okay so here are some pics. 1st of the trailing arm that buckled...

This is exactly why I don't box trailing arms. Without a point of failure - you're certain to do greater damage.

We salute you're courage to get back "up on the horse". Stay with it and best wishes.
+Quote Post
McMark
post Apr 5 2015, 10:53 AM
Post #48

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

I'll bring my shrinking setup to WCR, as well as my body hammer collection. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Apr 5 2015, 10:54 AM
Post #49

MEMBER:PACIFIC NORTHWEST REGION

Member No.: 12

Jamie, if Mark is going down your way, maybe I can give him the Fuchs wheels to bring down with him.
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Apr 5 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #50

Do you need a rear trailing, also?
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
boxstr
post Apr 5 2015, 11:01 AM
Post #51

Just read thrugh you already have one, good for you!
Craig at CAMP
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 5 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #52

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

did the mis-hap happen on ore state hwys 126 or 58?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 5 2015, 01:34 PM
Post #53

914 Guru

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 5 2015, 11:46 AM) *

did the mis-hap happen on ore state hwys 126 or 58?

hwy 58 about 10 miles east of Oakridge.

Thanks Mark on the shrinking disk & misc hammers. I will bring my HF port-a-power & HF hammer/dolly.

Sure appreciate all the help from everyone. One reason I am still into 914's Our community is the best (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 5 2015, 02:14 PM
Post #54

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 5 2015, 10:57 AM) *

I've got all but the shrinking disk. I'll go buy one before I head down. I'm all over that Rick thanks. Although I'd like to get it pushed back out enough to get my new bumper on it (thanks Mark). Should I attempt that Rick? I think I can push that corner out without to much trouble. I suppose I can attach the bumper to the one side & zip tie the other to get me down there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Sure, go ahead and push that corner back out. Just be careful where you anchor the port-o-power. That area should push easy. I would suggest using the trailing arm as an anchor point and a block of wood on the sheet metal. The back side of the door jamb as an anchor point could prove counter productive but use your best judgment.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 5 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #55

Hey nice rack! -Celette

QUOTE(McMark @ Apr 5 2015, 11:53 AM) *

I'll bring my shrinking setup to WCR, as well as my body hammer collection. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sunglasses.gif)

Mark,

I'll ship you my favorite bulls eye pick and accessories. You may want to copy my swivel target. You can bring it down with you. I can't bring it on the plane.

An Area51Werks/Original Customs tag team joint venture. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burger.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

Parking lot auto body school! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Apr 5 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #56

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

I'm trailering mine down and will have a good assortment of tools including a floor jack & jackstands. Let me know if you need me to bring anything specific.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 5 2015, 03:23 PM
Post #57

914 Guru

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2015, 01:19 PM) *

Mark,

I'll ship you my favorite bulls eye pick and accessories. You may want to copy my swivel target. You can bring it down with you. I can't bring it on the plane.

An Area51Werks/Original Customs tag team joint venture. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/burger.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

Parking lot auto body school! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)

I look forward to learning from you. Metal work is a skill I want.
+Quote Post
MMW
post Apr 5 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 16,477
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Apr 5 2015, 04:19 PM) *

Mark,

Hopefully someone will take pics or video of this.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Apr 5 2015, 03:37 PM
Post #59

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

A bunch of drunk guys in a motel parking lot drinking and doing body work......what could possibly go wrong....
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 5 2015, 04:03 PM
Post #60

914 Guru

QUOTE(r_towle @ Apr 5 2015, 02:37 PM) *

A bunch of drunk guys in a motel parking lot drinking and doing body work......what could possibly go wrong....

The drinking will come later. Maybe we can get Jaime there to add to the documentary. What could be more fitting for the 914 experience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:06 PM