Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rebuilt engine 2.0 year 76, Questions befor installation
DavidSweden
post Apr 3 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,452
Region Association: Scandinavia

I have finally completed my engine rebuild which has not been without problems and took much longer than planned. It was also expensive, I thought that a VW motor would be a cheap option but I guess I was just kidding myself. You will see that I have installed the 74 heat exchangers and removed the smog stuff

Anyway the engine is sitting on a pallet and will be installed tomorrow. I have some newbie questions which I hope someone can help me with.

1. In the engine bay near the hell hole there is a green/black wire coming from the wiring harness, is this for the temp sensor mounted on the underside of the engine?
2. I will do the static timing should this be for TDC or a few degrees before?
3. Is there anything I need to be aware of before installing or is it just a case of bolting the motor in position?
4 Once the engine is fired up should I run at 2000 rpm and set the timing to X degrees BTD or what is the best procedure?
5) I think I need 5 quarts (3,5l) of oil is this correct?
6) How do I get the throttle cable up to the overside of the engine?

Thanks

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i1300.photobucket.com-17452-1428090298.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 10:12 PM