Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT - Outsourced...
wheelo
post Feb 17 2005, 04:29 PM
Post #41

Dude

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,818

Dude - sorry to here the news! advise is good though, keep your chin-up, you will land on your feet. I was "Downsized" Nov '03 (yeah, right b4 holidays, classic) it sucks-for-sure. Just don't take-it personal, and move-on.... Get that teener on the road ! Better than therapy, and you can't say you don't have the time!
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brent
post Feb 17 2005, 05:54 PM
Post #42

Every month is Oktober

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,291
Region Association: Northern California

Good luck Clay, sorry to hear another professional is loosing a job to a 3rd world country.

Wheelo, I was downsized the same time, Nov 03. I spend time with my boys 3 and 7, while I struggled to even see them awake during the week while I was working. I am currently contracting and supporting the working wife. Life is alot different, but much sweeter family life. Companies don't seem to demand 16 hour work days from mothers.

I survived many layoffs, but assumed all the tasks of the departed with no leniancy from the brass. Work smarter not harder? Right.... Re-education. Currently receiving my undergraduate in 914 mechanics.

I agree with the China weekness. We are diverting high end electronics manufacturing to a communist country. Why develop nukes while they have us by the economic balls? (not political - Economics /GNP - Economics 101)

Just a little bitter, I would rather be working!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:02 PM