Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Wheel options, Narrow body 4 lug.
Alphaogre
post Apr 5 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,487
Region Association: Southern California

I have a 1970 914-4 that I am going to be flat towing to AX and track events. It is a narrow body 4 lug. I am looking to have a set of wheels to flat tow/ drive around town on Sundays, then have another set of wheels with purpose track tires for when I get to the track or AX.

When I bought the car, it came with a set of 5 lug Fuchs with a five lug conversion kit. This obviously will not pass tech.

I love the look of the Fuchs, but love tracking the car more! I picked up a set of Gurney wheels for the new 4 lug "street" wheel set up, but I'm having trouble finding the track wheels. I am looking to have them as wide as possible, from what I read, I think it is around 7in. But I'm not sure on which 4 lugs are anywhere near the 7 in wide range.

Any wheels that can be recommended to look at would be great. I also noticed the gurney wheels are a Mac lug set up., this would be mean that I would have to have screw in studs in the hub right? Or is there a way to run these wheels with a lug bolt set up?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:56 PM