Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> frankfurt radio wiring question
rosenfe
post Apr 14 2015, 12:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,512
Region Association: None

i was just given a frankfurt radio,its not working,but im going to send to radioman in san diego.when hooking it up,can i use power and ground at lighter?.which wire where-power and ground
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 14 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

I'm not familiar with the Frankfurt, so I don't know exactly what kinds of connections it needs. However, some common ones and where to find them in your 914:

- Unswitched power can be found on the fuse panel. There are frequently one or more unused lugs on the fuse panel which carry power all the time. A check with a voltmeter will tell you which ones, or you can check your year's wiring diagrams (in Haynes on on Pelican) to find wires that come straight from the battery.
- Switched power can also be found on the fuse panel. I believe that fuse #8 or #9 carries it; double-check the wiring diagram to be sure.
- Ground can be run to any convenient fastener into the body. Or you can tie in to the ground point up under the dash.
- Speaker wires may be present already, or may have to be run by you.
- Power antenna/power amp wire would be taped up so it doesn't short to ground, unless you have one of those two things you need to power.

You can use a standard crimp-on 1/4" female spade lug connector to hook into the blades on the fuse panel. Make sure you put shrink-tubing on the connector after you crimp it on; you don't want it shorting to anything nearby.

--DD
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Apr 14 2015, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

They just repaired my Blaupunkt Frankfurt; cost $375, I also added the connector to hook up my iPhone, that was $75 more. The radio looks brand new and I can't wait to be able to see it in my car.

Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 02:29 AM