Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: frankfurt radio wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
i was just given a frankfurt radio,its not working,but im going to send to radioman in san diego.when hooking it up,can i use power and ground at lighter?.which wire where-power and ground
Dave_Darling
I'm not familiar with the Frankfurt, so I don't know exactly what kinds of connections it needs. However, some common ones and where to find them in your 914:

- Unswitched power can be found on the fuse panel. There are frequently one or more unused lugs on the fuse panel which carry power all the time. A check with a voltmeter will tell you which ones, or you can check your year's wiring diagrams (in Haynes on on Pelican) to find wires that come straight from the battery.
- Switched power can also be found on the fuse panel. I believe that fuse #8 or #9 carries it; double-check the wiring diagram to be sure.
- Ground can be run to any convenient fastener into the body. Or you can tie in to the ground point up under the dash.
- Speaker wires may be present already, or may have to be run by you.
- Power antenna/power amp wire would be taped up so it doesn't short to ground, unless you have one of those two things you need to power.

You can use a standard crimp-on 1/4" female spade lug connector to hook into the blades on the fuse panel. Make sure you put shrink-tubing on the connector after you crimp it on; you don't want it shorting to anything nearby.

--DD
Cairo94507
They just repaired my Blaupunkt Frankfurt; cost $375, I also added the connector to hook up my iPhone, that was $75 more. The radio looks brand new and I can't wait to be able to see it in my car.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.