Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
> 1973 2.0, #s Match,Bay Area, SOLD!
LeftCoastErik
post Apr 17 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #1

BADPNNY

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,555
Region Association: Northern California

$12.5k
I picked up this sweet 73 2.0 a little while back and went through all of the bad stuff on the car. It is now ready for a new home as I have a v8 powered 72 on the way.

This is a numbers matching car with a rebuilt 2.0. Original injection is gone, but it has brand new EMPI 40s on it (see description). I am in Livermore, CA if you want to check it out in person.

Car was originally red, now black with a decent (good driver quality) paint job that is probably 10 years old or more, but it shows pretty nicely.

925.519. three seven zero zero if you want to call or leftcoasterik@gmail.com for email.

1973 Porsche 914
Restoration Work and Parts List
• Right Longitudinal had rust from Hell Hole but he doors opened and closed perfectly and there was no flex in the jambs when jacked before the reinforcement
I Reinforced both Longitudinals using the Brad Mayeur’s reinforcement kit that ties into the rear suspension arm points
• Hell Hole Area was bad but not terrible. I Used Mad Dog Racing’s Hell Hole Repair kit to replace all rusty metal in that area
• Battery Tray was pretty much non-existent, Replaced with factory repop from Restoration Design
• Right Rear Suspension Console had cracked (not rusted, interestingly) and been POORLY welded in a terrible repair attempt. I Cut it out entirely and replaced with a new piece from Restoration Design, reboxed it into the trailing arm pickup point and seam welded it.
• Interior floor and Firewall both had some rust, mostly on passenger side. All was cut out and replaced
o Both sides had one seat support that had some rust, both were top-plated and reinforced
o All were coated with POR15
• Firewall coated with Al’s Coating Heat and Noise Reducing coating to approx 30mils
• Rear Swaybar was broken. I Removed the links and bar. Tossed the bar, but the links and mounts come with the car, along with new bushings
o Replaced front pads with Hawk HPS and rears with factory Pagids
o Replaced all soft lines with braided lines
• Engine was rebuilt by previous owner, less than 2000 miles on it. No way to verify. 125k on chassis
o New bolt-down cast aluminum valve covers from EMPI
o New EMPI HPMX dual 40mm Weber Kit
o New SVDA distributor with vacuum advance and electronic ignition
o Fresh valve lash adjustment
o Fresh oil change
o New Clutch Cable
o New Left e-brake cable
o New Speedo Cable
• New “Porsche” rear reflector and remote trunk opener
• Complete Jwest Engineering Rennshift shifter installed along with all new shift bushings
• Has 5, correct, 2.0, Fuchs alloys. 4 are polished and on the car wrapped in brand new 205/50/15 Dunlop Star Spec tires.
• New Luisi steering wheel with adapter
• Pedal Box is rebuilt
• New carpets
• New Optima Red Top Battery
• New Turn Signal Switch
• New Drivers Seatbelt (NOS)
• Heater up pipes and rear blower have been removed. Longitudinal tubes are still in place but blocked off with Spray paint lids to prevent fumes in the cabin. Pipes and blower come with the car
• Rear CV Joints have been freshly greased with Swepco, new Allen Bolts from Pelican were used to install them
• New “Porsche” Embossed ABS rocker covers
• The only rust left in the car is on the rear trunk vertical section by the lights. It isn’t structural and it isn’t actually all that bad anyway. Its on the inside only. The whole trunk will be wire wheeled down and POR15 coated
Rear decklid has some cracks forming where they probably filled a dent. Again, no rust visible below, so probably just marginal quality bodywork.
• Has a pair of correct, Porsche numbered side view mirrors installed but there are holes where a larger or different side mirror had been installed at some point.

The car starts right up and runs great, has no smoke or serious oil leaks. 1st gear synchro still good. Trans works great (the shifter helps!) Clutch is solid. It drives great, The carbs are pretty good but could use some fine tuning, IMO

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
LeftCoastErik   1973 2.0, #s Match,Bay Area   Apr 17 2015, 01:49 PM
MikeInMunich   Nice description, interesting car, but yer gunna n...   Apr 17 2015, 04:11 PM
Cairo94507   Yes, please post pics of the whole car and the pro...   Apr 18 2015, 08:17 AM
LeftCoastErik   I have tons of the build pics. I'll post some ...   Apr 18 2015, 11:45 AM
LeftCoastErik   I can't seem to get photos to upload without a...   Apr 18 2015, 03:22 PM
Cairo94507   BTTT for a price drop :D   Apr 21 2015, 03:31 PM
LeftCoastErik   Thanks for the bump. I'm trying to price it co...   Apr 21 2015, 07:04 PM
LeftCoastErik   I have the car on eBay now. My Reserve is $1...   Apr 23 2015, 12:48 PM
LeftCoastErik   Here are the interior pics   Apr 23 2015, 05:23 PM
LeftCoastErik   Another   Apr 23 2015, 05:26 PM
LeftCoastErik   Pass door   Apr 23 2015, 05:27 PM
LeftCoastErik   Drivers door   Apr 23 2015, 05:30 PM
LeftCoastErik   Sunday bumpday! She still needs a new home.   Apr 26 2015, 04:14 PM
LeftCoastErik   Auction ends tomorrow!   Apr 28 2015, 07:35 PM
LeftCoastErik   I must be doing something wrong. .94 watching the ...   Apr 29 2015, 01:44 PM
OU8AVW   That's a pretty sweet looking car. Seems like ...   May 4 2015, 06:37 AM
LeftCoastErik   Thanks Mike! I have a guy working on an offer...   May 4 2015, 03:02 PM
MikeInMunich   I hope this car's price doesn't drop again...   May 6 2015, 11:47 AM
LeftCoastErik   I'll keep it before I lower it again. Thanks f...   May 6 2015, 12:00 PM
7TPorsh   I saw this on ebay, I am one of the watchers. i th...   May 7 2015, 11:12 AM
LeftCoastErik   , I really need the space more than the money at t...   May 12 2015, 02:16 PM
LeftCoastErik   I will have the car at the San Jose swap meet tomo...   May 16 2015, 07:18 PM
LeftCoastErik   Sunday bump   May 24 2015, 03:58 PM
matthepcat   Shocked this car is not sold.   May 24 2015, 05:14 PM
LeftCoastErik   Thanks Matt. I have two guys coming to check it ou...   May 24 2015, 06:53 PM
LeftCoastErik   Sold it to a nice couple today. I'm going to r...   May 25 2015, 02:13 PM
Cairo94507   Congratulations Erik - I hope the couple who bough...   May 25 2015, 08:58 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:23 PM