Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's the value on a good set of Fuchs?
914Next
post Apr 18 2015, 05:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Looking at a decent set of original 15 in. Fuchs. They are polished. What is a good price on a set like this?

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Apr 18 2015, 05:39 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176
Region Association: None

A 15" Fuchs can be many things, a flat 6" to a deep 6" to a 7" R to an 11"
RSR
Prices can be from $250 to $5000....... each.
More info is necessary.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 18 2015, 05:46 PM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm guessing you mean 2.0 fuchs. I think a nice set of 4 or 5 go for $500-1K especially if they include bolts and caps. Polished are not oem, cost 100-200/wheel to get done and look great but don't always get big bucks since origional is #1 these days. I've seen polished sets sold for $600-800.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 18 2015, 06:20 PM
Post #4

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Straight and true, lack of curbing, orig finish, slight patina, should be $700+. Under valued wheels. Lots of OEM 5 lug options. 4 lug not so much.
+Quote Post
dudzy's914
post Apr 18 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #5

The youngin'

Member No.: 16,784
Region Association: North East States

Poking around at the Hershey today I saw prices from $400 for a set that could use 30min of elbow grease and some that were nice, but not perfect with caps and bolt at $800.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Apr 18 2015, 07:12 PM
Post #6

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Steve,

A couple of years ago I bought SoCal Andy's set of 5 restored & polished by Al Reed for $1000, which was less than the cost for him to restore another set of 2L Fuchs I have. So I say if you can get them for $800-1000 or a tad more for ALL 5, then go for it, but recognize that there will be more work to get them back to original.

... & that will be + probably $50-70 each to re-anodize them (Als' quote to me before).

If you get polished Fuchs 2Ls for PCA Parade, then you'll want to have them re-anodized by either Al Reed in Anaheim CA or Weidman Wheels in Oroville CA - so add time & cost for shipping 2 ways. Both have print ads in Panorama for contact info.

You should NOT get gigged points for those 2L Fuchs so long as they're properly restored to anodized - even if your Mulroney window sticker &/or COA shows it originally had Steelies, since anyone could get the Fuchs upgrade at a dealer back in the day.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
914Next
post Apr 18 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 18 2015, 09:12 PM) *

Steve,

A couple of years ago I bought SoCal Andy's set of 5 restored & polished by Al Reed for $1000, which was less than the cost for him to restore another set of 2L Fuchs I have. So I say if you can get them for $800-1000 or a tad more for ALL 5, then go for it, but recognize that there will be more work to get them back to original.

... & that will be + probably $50-70 each to re-anodize them (Als' quote to me before).

If you get polished Fuchs 2Ls for PCA Parade, then you'll want to have them re-anodized by either Al Reed in Anaheim CA or Weidman Wheels in Oroville CA - so add time & cost for shipping 2 ways. Both have print ads in Panorama for contact info.

You should NOT get gigged points for those 2L Fuchs so long as they're properly restored to anodized - even if your Mulroney window sticker &/or COA shows it originally had Steelies, since anyone could get the Fuchs upgrade at a dealer back in the day.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. I actually won't be replacing the Fuchs that I have on the car now as they are all original and have never been polished or buffed. Had just heard about this set and thought that if I could get them at a decent price, I'd use one as my spare so that I did not need to use my original spare tire and wheel if I ever flatted. Then thought I'd offer the other three for other teeners who might want one for an alloy spare.

Really ppreciate the input.
+Quote Post
larryM
post Apr 19 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #8

emoze

Member No.: 65
Region Association: Northern California

simple - eBay is the price referee on Fuchs - just look at what the sell (or not sell) for

+Quote Post
mr914
post Apr 19 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #9

914 Hillbilly

Member No.: 131
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

4 or 5 bolt?

5 bolt, common or exotic sizes?
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Apr 20 2015, 06:12 AM
Post #10

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

if you are asking about early 911 fuchs from lets say the '70's and 80's, 15 s or 16s, here is what i have seen as i have been shopping for the past couple months to find a set of 16's, and ended up with 2-6's and 2-7's : checking on both e-bay and the Samba there is a range for a set of 4 that varies from about $900 to $2500. if they are in excellent codition or reconditioned your looking at about $1500. 15's for the most part, the 5.5's were less, 6's a bit more and really hard to find a set of just 4 6's because with the 16" rims 911 were generally set up with 6'sa in front and 7's in the rear.
My mechanic said a few years ago he was buying these for $75 a piece !
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:18 PM