Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the value on a good set of Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Next
Looking at a decent set of original 15 in. Fuchs. They are polished. What is a good price on a set like this?

Steve
rgalla9146
A 15" Fuchs can be many things, a flat 6" to a deep 6" to a 7" R to an 11"
RSR
Prices can be from $250 to $5000....... each.
More info is necessary.
mepstein
I'm guessing you mean 2.0 fuchs. I think a nice set of 4 or 5 go for $500-1K especially if they include bolts and caps. Polished are not oem, cost 100-200/wheel to get done and look great but don't always get big bucks since origional is #1 these days. I've seen polished sets sold for $600-800.
rhodyguy
Straight and true, lack of curbing, orig finish, slight patina, should be $700+. Under valued wheels. Lots of OEM 5 lug options. 4 lug not so much.
dudzy's914
Poking around at the Hershey today I saw prices from $400 for a set that could use 30min of elbow grease and some that were nice, but not perfect with caps and bolt at $800.
Tom_T
Steve,

A couple of years ago I bought SoCal Andy's set of 5 restored & polished by Al Reed for $1000, which was less than the cost for him to restore another set of 2L Fuchs I have. So I say if you can get them for $800-1000 or a tad more for ALL 5, then go for it, but recognize that there will be more work to get them back to original.

... & that will be + probably $50-70 each to re-anodize them (Als' quote to me before).

If you get polished Fuchs 2Ls for PCA Parade, then you'll want to have them re-anodized by either Al Reed in Anaheim CA or Weidman Wheels in Oroville CA - so add time & cost for shipping 2 ways. Both have print ads in Panorama for contact info.

You should NOT get gigged points for those 2L Fuchs so long as they're properly restored to anodized - even if your Mulroney window sticker &/or COA shows it originally had Steelies, since anyone could get the Fuchs upgrade at a dealer back in the day.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
914Next
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Apr 18 2015, 09:12 PM) *

Steve,

A couple of years ago I bought SoCal Andy's set of 5 restored & polished by Al Reed for $1000, which was less than the cost for him to restore another set of 2L Fuchs I have. So I say if you can get them for $800-1000 or a tad more for ALL 5, then go for it, but recognize that there will be more work to get them back to original.

... & that will be + probably $50-70 each to re-anodize them (Als' quote to me before).

If you get polished Fuchs 2Ls for PCA Parade, then you'll want to have them re-anodized by either Al Reed in Anaheim CA or Weidman Wheels in Oroville CA - so add time & cost for shipping 2 ways. Both have print ads in Panorama for contact info.

You should NOT get gigged points for those 2L Fuchs so long as they're properly restored to anodized - even if your Mulroney window sticker &/or COA shows it originally had Steelies, since anyone could get the Fuchs upgrade at a dealer back in the day.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks, Tom. I actually won't be replacing the Fuchs that I have on the car now as they are all original and have never been polished or buffed. Had just heard about this set and thought that if I could get them at a decent price, I'd use one as my spare so that I did not need to use my original spare tire and wheel if I ever flatted. Then thought I'd offer the other three for other teeners who might want one for an alloy spare.

Really ppreciate the input.
larryM

simple - eBay is the price referee on Fuchs - just look at what the sell (or not sell) for

mr914
agree.gif

4 or 5 bolt?

5 bolt, common or exotic sizes?
DRPHIL914
if you are asking about early 911 fuchs from lets say the '70's and 80's, 15 s or 16s, here is what i have seen as i have been shopping for the past couple months to find a set of 16's, and ended up with 2-6's and 2-7's : checking on both e-bay and the Samba there is a range for a set of 4 that varies from about $900 to $2500. if they are in excellent codition or reconditioned your looking at about $1500. 15's for the most part, the 5.5's were less, 6's a bit more and really hard to find a set of just 4 6's because with the 16" rims 911 were generally set up with 6'sa in front and 7's in the rear.
My mechanic said a few years ago he was buying these for $75 a piece !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.