Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Blast cabinet mod -- NPC
Olympic 914
post Apr 23 2015, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,287
Region Association: North East States

Being a CSOB when I needed a blast cabinet I went to HF. I figured how bad can it be? Well it seemed to work ok at first, then I started having problems with the media tube floating up, pulsing and generally not working well.

I switch between Black Beauty coal slag and glass beads and had the problem with both

I switched blast guns with another but no change. then after some research and seeing a different type of media tube that was a double barrel instead of a tube inside a tube. I bought one from TP tools. That solved my problem.

I used the 12" tube they offer and made the standoffs to angle it into the little square at the bottom. this is with the table top model.

I was just screening the glass beads and had the cabinet empty so I thought I would take some pics... Not much to see when its full of media.

BTW you do need to put extra sealant on all the seams of these cabinets or it will leak like a sieve.

Pics

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:22 PM