Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blast cabinet mod -- NPC
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Olympic 914
Being a CSOB when I needed a blast cabinet I went to HF. I figured how bad can it be? Well it seemed to work ok at first, then I started having problems with the media tube floating up, pulsing and generally not working well.

I switch between Black Beauty coal slag and glass beads and had the problem with both

I switched blast guns with another but no change. then after some research and seeing a different type of media tube that was a double barrel instead of a tube inside a tube. I bought one from TP tools. That solved my problem.

I used the 12" tube they offer and made the standoffs to angle it into the little square at the bottom. this is with the table top model.

I was just screening the glass beads and had the cabinet empty so I thought I would take some pics... Not much to see when its full of media.

BTW you do need to put extra sealant on all the seams of these cabinets or it will leak like a sieve.

Pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bigkensteele
I don't get why it has two tubes. I have the same problem with my cabinet (different design), but I am failing to understand how this works.
76-914
Looks like that open end stands up above the sand so air has clear passage and sand is sucked in thru that hole drilled in the bottom of that other tube then to the gun? What is that hole size? I'm cheap and will make one. biggrin.gif Thx for posting that.
brant
Link?
Ed_914
I have a similar basting cabinet and had the same problem. The solution for mine was putting a second compressor on to it. The cabinet needs 15 CFM at 4 bar. When the airflow reduces it starts to pulse.

Btw this is my first post mueba.gif
Olympic 914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 23 2015, 11:28 PM) *

Looks like that open end stands up above the sand so air has clear passage and sand is sucked in thru that hole drilled in the bottom of that other tube then to the gun? What is that hole size? I'm cheap and will make one. biggrin.gif Thx for posting that.

That's correct.

This is what sent me looking for another media tube. pictures on the bottom of page 2.. with dimensions

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=82231&page=2

I probably could have made one but I am trying to eliminate working on things that take away my time from working on the teener. Like, I just sold my boat because it needed to much maintenance.

This is the link to the one I bought. they have just about every sandblasting accessory you could want. Looks like the price went up since I bought mine..

I used the 12" tube. but it depends on your cabinet...

http://www.tptools.com/Skat-Blast-Pickup-T...8.html?b=d*8028
76-914
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Apr 24 2015, 05:02 AM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Apr 23 2015, 11:28 PM) *

That's correct.

This is what sent me looking for another media tube. pictures on the bottom of page 2.. with dimensions

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=82231&page=2

I probably could have made one but I am trying to eliminate working on things that take away my time from working on the teener. Like, I just sold my boat because it needed to much maintenance.

This is the link to the one I bought. they have just about every sandblasting accessory you could want. Looks like the price went up since I bought mine..

I used the 12" tube. but it depends on your cabinet...

http://www.tptools.com/Skat-Blast-Pickup-T...8.html?b=d*8028

What is the size of the opening that the sand is sucked into? 3/8"?
luskesq
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it. I have the same cabinet, did what you did with new gun that requires less CFM & new pickup from TP and also experienced the tube movement.

Keith

madmax914
I have the same cabinet, I just ordered the new pick-up tube from TP Tools. Thanks for the tip!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.