Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> for 4 lug fuch fans, best set yet
rhodyguy
post May 8 2015, 07:45 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

i've own a number of sets over the years but think these are the best original (almost) finish i've come across. i've swapped out a number of complete sets on my car over the years rather than one nice wheel at a time. the only cleaning at this point was a gentle soap and a wash mitt. i was told they have a coat of lacquer that i will confirm in a few test spots and remove if that's the case. so the dilemma is whether to swap these and remove the light patina ones currently on my car. luckily the tires on my car came with free mounting and balancing for as long as the tires last. just need make sure the new ones are straight and true.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Shadowfax
post May 8 2015, 07:55 AM
Post #2

Show us the meaning of haste

Member No.: 18,340
Region Association: South East States

Nice choice to have. I'd love a set of Fuchs but can't find any nearby. There's a set of 5 on the samba for $2348 but that is crazy.
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 8 2015, 08:03 AM
Post #3

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

Nice find, Kevin. I've heard they turn just as well as the 5 lug models. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) Personally, I don't understand the change to 5 lug if your not racing and need larger brakes. I really like that finish as well. I have a set like yours and they are a snap to clean compared to my fully polished set. How much were they?
+Quote Post
Mueller
post May 8 2015, 08:12 AM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Nice...I passed up an okay set at the WCR for $300....sorta kicking myself for not getting them, but what good are new wheels for a non-running car?!

+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post May 8 2015, 08:27 AM
Post #5

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

In the 5th picture you can see what looks like swirly scratches. I believe that's the lacquer finish. Mike, my thought is spending a bit more on swell finish wheels is money ahead rather a challenged set that have to be reworked. I've never inquired at the popular wheel refinishers as to the cost. No doubt the work and 2 way shipping, along with the actual purchase price, is how one is going to have $1.3k+ into a set of 'new looking' wheels.
+Quote Post
eric9144
post May 8 2015, 09:41 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876
Region Association: Southern California

Congrats! Still my favorite 'stock' wheel and one of the lightest too. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 12:39 PM