Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: for 4 lug fuch fans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
i've own a number of sets over the years but think these are the best original (almost) finish i've come across. i've swapped out a number of complete sets on my car over the years rather than one nice wheel at a time. the only cleaning at this point was a gentle soap and a wash mitt. i was told they have a coat of lacquer that i will confirm in a few test spots and remove if that's the case. so the dilemma is whether to swap these and remove the light patina ones currently on my car. luckily the tires on my car came with free mounting and balancing for as long as the tires last. just need make sure the new ones are straight and true.
Shadowfax
Nice choice to have. I'd love a set of Fuchs but can't find any nearby. There's a set of 5 on the samba for $2348 but that is crazy.
76-914
Nice find, Kevin. I've heard they turn just as well as the 5 lug models. av-943.gif Personally, I don't understand the change to 5 lug if your not racing and need larger brakes. I really like that finish as well. I have a set like yours and they are a snap to clean compared to my fully polished set. How much were they?
Mueller
Nice...I passed up an okay set at the WCR for $300....sorta kicking myself for not getting them, but what good are new wheels for a non-running car?!

rhodyguy
In the 5th picture you can see what looks like swirly scratches. I believe that's the lacquer finish. Mike, my thought is spending a bit more on swell finish wheels is money ahead rather a challenged set that have to be reworked. I've never inquired at the popular wheel refinishers as to the cost. No doubt the work and 2 way shipping, along with the actual purchase price, is how one is going to have $1.3k+ into a set of 'new looking' wheels.
eric9144
Congrats! Still my favorite 'stock' wheel and one of the lightest too. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.