Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I think we need to have an intervention, Put down the pipe!!
somd914
post May 15 2015, 01:22 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(eric9144 @ May 15 2015, 11:22 AM) *

Like Len pointed out, I just readjusted my AAA classic policy to $25k and they didn't blink an eye at that value...

Many of us are in denial that the prices are going up as much as they are, hell I paid $4300 for my car in the early-mid 90's from the original owner (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

I'm not in denial, I just disagree with NADA's numbers. Based on what I've seen advertised between here, Pelican, Hemmings, E-Bay, Craigslist, etc I feel Hagarty's numbers are are more realistic for both 914s and 911s, especially if you follow their condition guide.

As for insurance, since most of us likely pay based on agreed value, trumping up the values doesn't work in insurance companies favors. It only penalizes us if we undervalue our own cars since we won't get market price in a settlement, thus we'll be paying out of pocket to replace it. If we over value it, well then I have spare cash to buy everyone beer! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Don't get me wrong, I like owning an appreciating toy for a change - beats the hell out of the sailboat in that respect... But I'd hate to see 914s go the same way as early 911s, 356s, and of recent, 930s. For those looking to sell, it's great, for those looking to own and drive, then pass on to my car enthusiast sons, it's not necessarily good news.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
worn
post May 15 2015, 08:13 PM
Post #22

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(MoveQik @ May 13 2015, 10:32 PM) *

Look....for the sake of 914's in general, I hope they get it. That said, every time an LE comes up for sale I crack up at the description. The "rarity" factor is on display in every other sentence but yet nobody will pay much of a premium compared to a similar restored, numbers matching 2.0, non-LE car. Plain and simple. I hear tales of LE's being worth three times as much as a comparable non-LE 2.0 but much like a unicorn, nobody has seen it.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

I saw a unicorn. My wife took me to see Harry Potter.
+Quote Post
Porschef
post May 16 2015, 01:23 PM
Post #23

How you doin'

Member No.: 12,152
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(somd914 @ May 14 2015, 06:56 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ May 14 2015, 09:03 AM) *

An increase in part pricing? Really? You would never know it by the asking prices for parts in the classifieds.

I never said they have gone up, I just cautioned that for those who want to see 914 prices escalate, parts prices will likely climb also.

And as for a changing community, well, I like it just the way we are...

The 914 Community:

The 356 Community: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

Hey what happened to the 356 crowd pic?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:06 PM