Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 74 2.0 F.I. NO spark, Ran before new battery
Nemisus
post May 24 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,631
Region Association: Northern California

Ive been reading a bit about this.

Seems some have had failures and others have not. I'd say that is possible with anything.

I just learned that I was only running on 3 cylinders. I discovered I had a clogged injector from the line side. Replaced the short lines and cleaned up what I could and now the 2.0 is running pretty well.

All that aside this car will not be seeing the road anytime soon. I'm learning the entire floor board will need to be changed...

If I'm going to get this restoration going I might as well get it ready for the hard stuff. Not that I imagine there is any other way... I was just hoping for something I could drive and fix as I went!

I am a bit discouraged as I do not have the resources to get started. I can weld and am pretty mechanically inclined so I have full confidence I can do this. Just need some specialty tools to get it going. The biggest challenge is a finding a Rotisserie.

I'm thrilled to death that I have a team of knowledgeable 914 enthusiasts to lead my way right here at 914world.

I am only 34 so I have plenty of youth to get this car new again. I look forward to the challenges as well as the rewards when I am finished.

Sorry this was winded... but I had to start somewhere.

Thanks for all your info as recommendations.

Cheers and stay tuned for some rusty pictures.

Nemi
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post May 24 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #22

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121

QUOTE(stugray @ May 24 2015, 10:44 AM) *

BOSCH W7CC for carbs (then adjust heat range based on particular engine).

Also for D-jet.

Reputable local 914 racer says you can use the Bosch 4 prong plugs #4417 but I havent tried them yet.

As far as I can tell, those are the same crappy platinum plugs with three extra electrodes welded on. Still crap IMHO.

The cheap Bosch Platinum plugs that you can get everywhere are pretty lousy. There are some very expensive ones that are hard to find that have a solid platinum electrode, as opposed to the little speck the cheapies have.

--DD
+Quote Post
Nemisus
post May 24 2015, 08:36 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,631

FYI,

The plugs that that came with the tune up kit are BOSCH W7CC.

For what its worth
+Quote Post
StarBear
post Nov 11 2018, 09:01 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 10,753
Region Association: North East States

Just wondering as I think I have the same/similar issue (914-1.8): What is an expected ohm reading for the main coil-to-distributor wire? Mine measures 589 ohms which, to me, seems a lot.
Thanks!
QUOTE(flash914 @ May 17 2015, 08:52 PM) *

Coil wire Check the resistance.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 02:07 AM