Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP: Can We Rally Around and Help Michele?, 914 Stolen and Recovered
Chris H.
post May 21 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

On a lighter note I'm probably buying a Ferrari.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Big Len
post May 21 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

If that's a Ferrari, my 914 is Mclaren P1.
+Quote Post
7TPorsh
post May 22 2015, 05:50 AM
Post #43

7T Porsh

Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 21 2015, 03:09 PM) *

where's there rest of it? you know....the Ferrari parts
+Quote Post
76-914
post May 22 2015, 08:28 AM
Post #44

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 21 2015, 03:09 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) Chris, see your Dr. immediately. This is treatable if it's low "T". If it's "SPS" (small penis syndrome) then your screwed and will just have to buy one.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post May 22 2015, 11:19 AM
Post #45

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Nothing like the sound of old men bickering in the morning ...
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
AvalonFal
post May 23 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #46

Member No.: 4,367
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

ALL 914 lives matter...rich or poor & in between.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post May 23 2015, 11:27 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 13,069

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ May 19 2015, 10:15 AM) *

Hey Gang,

This looks like one this group can (and should) sink their teeth into.

Michele had her teener stolen 8 years ago and it was recovered recently (a little worse for wear).

I've offered a set of calipers up...

If you have any parts languishing in a dark dank corner of your garage or shop... perhaps the Karma Wizard may shine favorably on you if you helped Michele.

We haven't had a good feel good story here in a while and this one is a keeper:

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture/stole...michele-benson/

Dig in!

Send your free extra parts to me I don't have a sad story yet for sympathy but I will soon, I am still searching the Internet for one!
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post May 24 2015, 06:42 AM
Post #48

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Can we get this back on the rails now? Remember this could be you someday. Play nice kids. Like mom told you, If you don't have something nice to say move along. These kinds of things are not for everyone. Thanks for stepping up with this Eric.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 24 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #49

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I came back and thought I would be impressed.

I'm not. Wow. Things have changed here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

I thought it would be a fun way to show an outsider how we (used to) care about the cars and the people that drive them.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 25 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #50

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I got nothing on that list, and I am not local, but if I can help I am interested. If Eric says things are on the up and up, that is good enough for me.
+Quote Post
Old Yella
post May 25 2015, 09:45 PM
Post #51

Old Yella

Member No.: 16,086
Region Association: Southwest Region

Geez, I hope my tong in cheek comment didn't start the tirade of negativity.

I made the comment about the rubber kit because I am a third of a way through buying the whole kit myself and the on going cost of buying parts for a 40 year old car next to other necessities is a challenge as most of you know. While I'm at it thanks to all the people who sold me parts through the forum, phoenix swap and the Riverside guys for their great swap meets.

I have checked what I have and I don't have anything I can help her with if I did I would send it. Most of my stuff is old crapola which I took off my car and is unusable--god knows why I have kept it.

Good luck with your search Michele.

+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post May 25 2015, 09:55 PM
Post #52

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

All I got is one question. Would Howard, Al, Lapuwali, and all those who left us too soon want us to help these people?

I would have most likely lost interest in my car and kept my 911 had it not been for this place and the people that make it. Instead, I sold the 911 and spend more time here than anywhere else. It isn't because we are cool, because we aren't. It is because the vast majority of the frequent contributors here are honest to goodness great people who happen to like a particular quirky little car, but above all else are exceptionally welcoming and compassionate. With the exception of my family, of all the communities of which I am a member, be it my neighborhood, my church, my office, etc., there is not one that compares to 914world in its acceptance of new members, its compassion for others, and its reverence for civic duty.

My wife never understood why I spent so much time here until I showed her the responses to a post I made when we had to have our dog put down. The thread ended up being 3 or 4 pages. She started crying as she realized just how great this group of people is. Nobody asked how much we made or if we needed help buying a new dog - they were just there for us.

So, yes, I will help however I can.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 25 2015, 10:41 PM
Post #53

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Where's the "Like" button? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post May 26 2015, 06:44 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 73

To clarify, my post was an attempt to add a little distraction/levity to the mix like we used to back in the old days... I deviated from the standard "look, kittens!" with a pic.

It's been a tough couple of weeks. Lot of bad news about people we care about. I don't have any of the parts listed, but would donate if I did since people have given me MANY parts free of charge over the years.

Is there an updated list of what's still needed?
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post May 28 2015, 05:22 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 18,742

Hi this is Michele. I am trying to engage this site this is my first attempt. I am most grateful to all of you who have been saying you are willing to rallying on my behalf and my car offering help and parts. The car at this point is being checked through by the mechanic that set her up for me in the 1980's. I should know more about her health next week sometime. In the meantime any body parts that you are willing send my way that Mark listed can be sent to:1010 -17th Avenue Suite A Santa Cruz CA 95062 with the title AuCiel on them. My number is 831.419.9997 I would be more than happy to speak with any of you directly should you have suggestions or questions. Again my heart is filled with gratitude as a result of your kindness.
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post May 28 2015, 05:33 PM
Post #56

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

QUOTE(AuCiel @ May 28 2015, 04:22 PM) *

Hi this is Michele. I am trying to engage this site this is my first attempt. I am most grateful to all of you who have been saying you are willing to rallying on my behalf and my car offering help and parts. The car at this point is being checked through by the mechanic that set her up for me in the 1980's. I should know more about her health next week sometime. In the meantime any body parts that you are willing send my way that Mark listed can be sent to:1010 -17th Avenue Suite A Santa Cruz CA 95062 with the title AuCiel on them. My number is 831.419.9997 I would be more than happy to speak with any of you directly should you have suggestions or questions. Again my heart is filled with gratitude as a result of your kindness.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
Hi Michelle! I spoke to you at the swap meet. I had the crazy Audi powered 914. Welcome to our motley crew. I hope you have thick skin for all the trash talking around here. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
914Next
post May 28 2015, 05:44 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 17,695

Welcome Michelle. Just acquired my car so my parts supply is non-existent. Don't think I can help with that. Will offer my encouragement however. Great to see that you got your 914 back. What a nice end to that story. Hope you hang around this place. Its a good group that can be rough around the edges at times but many great people and big hearts with a love for your quirky car. You'll learn lots if you aren't careful!

Please post progress on your car….we love seeing progress threads.

Steve
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post May 28 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #58

Major Member

Hi Michele (with one "l" for all the rest of you guys who missed that)!

As you can probably see from the posts already in this thread, we can get rowdy and squabble now and then, but it really is a great group of people. One thing that you will find is that this place is a wealth of knowledge. The search button is your friend if you take the time to learn its power, but don't ever hesitate to ask a question. It will get answered, but I hope that you are OK with sarcasm!

Ken
+Quote Post
AuCiel
post May 28 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #59

Member No.: 18,742

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 28 2015, 05:26 PM) *

As you can probably see from the posts already in this thread, we can get rowdy and squabble now and then, but it really is a great group of people. One thing that you will find is that this place is a wealth of knowledge. The search button is your friend if you take the time to learn its power, but don't ever hesitate to ask a question. It will get answered, but I hope that you are OK with sarcasm!

Ken

Hi Ken,
Just trying to figure out how to respond and post...? Yes it appears my car has triggered some emotions out there. Just to be 'very clear' I never asked for any free anything. That support came from the huge heart & kindness of Mark without my knowledge. It blew me away and brought me to tears that anyone would reach out to all of you and so very grateful to those that have responded with their offers and caring. Now if I could just sort out how to respond to them?? Feeling like I don't have my sea legs yet.... Aaarrgh!!
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post May 28 2015, 07:47 PM
Post #60

Major Member

QUOTE(AuCiel @ May 28 2015, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ May 28 2015, 05:26 PM) *

Ken

Hi Ken,
Just trying to figure out how to respond and post...? Yes it appears my car has triggered some emotions out there. Just to be 'very clear' I never asked for any free anything. That support came from the huge heart & kindness of Mark without my knowledge. It blew me away and brought me to tears that anyone would reach out to all of you and so very grateful to those that have responded with their offers and caring. Now if I could just sort out how to respond to them?? Feeling like I don't have my sea legs yet.... Aaarrgh!!

Is it Talk Like a Pirate Day already? I missed it!

I should have mentioned that bad apples really do get sorted here. They either go away on their own, or in extreme cases are exiled. I can tell you without question the the guys who expressed concerns earlier fall into that "great group of people", so don't hold any hard feelings.

As for learning how to navigate ye' way around these seas, just ask if you are not sure how to get around. Couple of tips off the top of my head. The little orange box next to the thread title when you are in the Garage (or any of the forums) will take you to the newest post that you have not read. Very useful. You can subscribe to threads that you find interesting. Just go to the top of any page on the thread and click the Options button and then select Track this Topic. It will email you whenever somebody posts a reply to the topic. Ask questions - we can tell by your number of posts and member number that you are new, and slack will be granted. Once you have your "sea legs", you begin to catch grief, which is most always light-hearted.

You and your car have a great story, and hopefully we can help make it even better!

Ken
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 04:17 PM