Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA Dana Point Concours on June 14, 2015, anyone going?
siverson
post May 28 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

I see Andy is already registered for full concours. Anyone else going?

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...3D#.VWerJflVhBc

Although it's not really a concours car (I drive it a lot now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ), I was thinking about entering my green 914-6 in the concours. It would push me to finish up the last few small things...

-Steve

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Steve
post May 28 2015, 06:13 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 822

I will be there, but I doubt my car will be running by then
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post May 28 2015, 06:17 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I'll be there. I try to hide Speedy somewhere out front.
+Quote Post
PlantMan
post May 28 2015, 11:12 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17,352

I would go but my sons Eagle Scout project is that weekend.
Hmmm.
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post May 29 2015, 01:25 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 17,376

I'll probably be there. Beware, Sara just attended Concours judge school and will be doing some aspect of the judging.

For a "reasonable" fee I will be willing to put in a good word for your car.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 29 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #6

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

I'll be there judging too, but without the 914 since no real work done yet - let alone ready to show! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

... I'll probably have the now resto'd/refurb'ed 88 Westy there though! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

To those on the fence, we usually get a bunch of rare Porsches there in both display & entered, plus a number of great sponsors/vendors with lotsa goodies!

Last year Both Circle & Walter's Porsche had the new Macans there - 4 or 5 in all! Very nice Porsche car posing as a CUV!

We also may get that 918 Weissach that was at the Temecula Z8 CdE in January, since the owner sad he may come up from Carlsbad for it!

Temecula had an excellent 914 turn-out & everybody from the PCA-taildragger club & others commented on it!

So lets have a great turnout of 914s again, & display isn't that expensive considering the local parking situation.

If you folks are interested - I can check with the Chair to see if they can set aside a display area specifically for the 914s - if someone here is willing to get there early enough & "babysit" the 914/914world area to guide folks in & keep others out??

That person needs to be someone not entered & not judging, cuz that will take all their time.

Please email me if there is interest here & a volunteer "914 Wrangler" so I can contact the Chair for this aspect.

Plantman - GO!! It's your SON's Eagle Scout project - not yours, & he needs to do it himself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Mike/Cuda - you should enter your blue 914 in the concours!!

Others please enter too! ...& any of your P-cars will do! Do it for fun or more serious competition as suits your style.

FYI - make it easy on yourself by just doing the Wash-&-Shine div. (interior & exterior only is judged), which is the best for folks daily driving their 914s.

The next easiest divisions are Street & Preservation (min 75% original) - where ext/int/engine/storage (trunks or open) are judged - so more to clean, or Ubergang (for newer P-cars where engine is not judged due to lack of access).

Full Concours is hardest since it adds undercarriage - or the underside of the cars are judged - 1/2 with engine & 1/2 without engine - so 6 judges per team there for all 6 judged areas! This is best for fresh restos & garage queens - or masochists who want to flog themselves! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

SoCal Andy is doing Full Concours now to get his 914-6 "finished" as a top car, so his is a fresh resto which he drives, & then is a masochist to get ready! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) There are a few other Full Concours entrants you drive their cars daily or at least regularly.

Anyone thinking of entering, go to the PCA Zone 8 website under the Concours area, as there are a bunch of How to Prep, informational & rules downloads on there to help you out as both first timers & experienced contestants. The various Concours Prep & Judging Schools offered around Zone 8 are really good too.

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
siverson
post May 29 2015, 06:42 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654

hmmm. maybe ill just be lazy and do display then.
+Quote Post
colingreene
post May 29 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 16,526

Ill probably show up.
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post May 30 2015, 02:34 PM
Post #9

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 29 2015, 09:44 AM) *

I'll be there judging too, but without the 914 since no real work done yet - let alone ready to show! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

... I'll probably have the now resto'd/refurb'ed 88 Westy there though! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

To those on the fence, we usually get a bunch of rare Porsches there in both display & entered, plus a number of great sponsors/vendors with lotsa goodies!

Last year Both Circle & Walter's Porsche had the new Macans there - 4 or 5 in all! Very nice Porsche car posing as a CUV!

We also may get that 918 Weissach that was at the Temecula Z8 CdE in January, since the owner sad he may come up from Carlsbad for it!

Temecula had an excellent 914 turn-out & everybody from the PCA-taildragger club & others commented on it!

So lets have a great turnout of 914s again, & display isn't that expensive considering the local parking situation.

If you folks are interested - I can check with the Chair to see if they can set aside a display area specifically for the 914s - if someone here is willing to get there early enough & "babysit" the 914/914world area to guide folks in & keep others out??

That person needs to be someone not entered & not judging, cuz that will take all their time.

Please email me if there is interest here & a volunteer "914 Wrangler" so I can contact the Chair for this aspect.

Plantman - GO!! It's your SON's Eagle Scout project - not yours, & he needs to do it himself! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Others please enter too! ...& any of your P-cars will do! Do it for fun or more serious competition as suits your style.

FYI - make it easy on yourself by just doing the Wash-&-Shine div. (interior & exterior only is judged), which is the best for folks daily driving their 914s.

The next easiest divisions are Street & Preservation (min 75% original) - where ext/int/engine/storage (trunks or open) are judged - so more to clean, or Ubergang (for newer P-cars where engine is not judged due to lack of access).

Full Concours is hardest since it adds undercarriage - or the underside of the cars are judged - 1/2 with engine & 1/2 without engine - so 6 judges per team there for all 6 judged areas! This is best for fresh restos & garage queens - or masochists who want to flog themselves! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

SoCal Andy is doing Full Concours now to get his 914-6 "finished" as a top car, so his is a fresh resto which he drives, & then is a masochist to get ready! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) There are a few other Full Concours entrants you drive their cars daily or at least regularly.

Anyone thinking of entering, go to the PCA Zone 8 website under the Concours area, as there are a bunch of How to Prep, informational & rules downloads on there to help you out as both first timers & experienced contestants. The various Concours Prep & Judging Schools offered around Zone 8 are really good too.

Tom
///////

Recall on all the Spyders. Waiting on parts is what I hear from Donn. 10 days at least.
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post May 30 2015, 05:38 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 9,714

I'll be there for the display. No way in hell I'm entering in the judges concours. I did it once, won, got my trophy, and will never do it again.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post May 30 2015, 05:55 PM
Post #11

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Possibly... Dana Point is a pretty cool site.

Does the PCA take the registration or is a 3rd party involved? tried to register....
+Quote Post
sda4property@gmail.com
post May 31 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #12

SDA4PORSCHE

Member No.: 14,651

Will take over the turbo. The bee won't be done yet. Hopefully will get it out to the redrock event.
+Quote Post
toolguy
post May 31 2015, 04:16 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,889

Exclusive setting, last year well over 100 cars, and an impressive 1st class event throughout. Well organized. . . I'm just waiting to confirm weather forecast for the day.
+Quote Post
sb914
post May 31 2015, 04:21 PM
Post #14

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

QUOTE(toolguy @ May 31 2015, 03:16 PM) *

Exclusive setting, last year well over 100 cars, and an impressive 1st class event throughout. Well organized. . . I'm just waiting to confirm weather forecast for the day.

I'm gunna say no rain!
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 31 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #15

TMI....

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ May 30 2015, 03:55 PM) *

Possibly... Dana Point is a pretty cool site.

Does the PCA take the registration or is a 3rd party involved? tried to register....

Registration is online with this server that all the PCA Regions seem to be using nowadays....

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-oc...83#.VWvRQlIYHYh

I think you can also order lunches too at that web link

... or just go offsite to the hotel restaurant next door or any of the tons of eateries around there at Dana Harbor area.

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post May 31 2015, 09:32 PM
Post #16

TMI....

QUOTE('73-914kid @ May 30 2015, 03:38 PM) *

I'll be there for the display. No way in hell I'm entering in the judges concours. I did it once, won, got my trophy, and will never do it again.

IIRC Ethan, your 914 was a big hit at the Temecula one!

So if you do the display, please make sure to put the tie-in on a poster or something from the article on you/914 .... not really as a brag, but just so folks make the connection that they are seeing something from print in real life.

It's a ton of work to prep for judging, so your feelings are understandable. Nice job on your 914 - in all it's iterations! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Jun 1 2015, 12:39 AM
Post #17

QUOTE(Tom_T @ May 29 2015, 11:44 AM) *

Tom
///////

I'll probably bring the silver '74 instead of the blue '73. But, I may need to drive my folks up there, so if that's the case I'll be in the 996. I don't think I have enough Q-Tips to enter, though.
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jun 1 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #18

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

Registered today for display only; will be an early AM volunteer too. Let's get a mass 914 turnout; Dana Point is a terrific destination anyway

+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Jun 1 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #19

Yowza, $35 for a display-only registration. I wonder if I can pay at the door, since I won't know until the last minute whether I will be able to take the 914.
+Quote Post
'73-914kid
post Jun 1 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 9,714

Yes, in the past they have a $20 display entrance charge. That $35 includes a lunch. If you pay at the entrance thoygh, I don't think you can get a lunch At the event. That's not a huge deal though, as there are some awesome little cafes around the areas that have great lunch menus.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:24 AM