Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What kind of ignition are you running?, Coil,wires, boxes...
Joseph Mills
post Feb 22 2005, 11:36 PM
Post #41

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 22 2005, 10:35 PM)

I haven't a CLUE what size they are.

Go to your local VW shop and pick up a copy of Bob Thomlinson's Weber Tech Manual and spend a bit of time with it.

When you're ready and you have the time and inclination, remove and break down one of your 44 webers and ascertain your choke size, idle jets, main jets, emulsion tube, air tubes. Use a flash light and magnifying glass to be certain of your numbers. Record them.

For reference, here's mine:

Choke: 32
Mains: 125
Idle: 55
Air: 175
Emulsion tube: f11

These specs are just to help you find what yours are.

Do the same with the 40's that you have. Between the two sets of carbs, you will probably be able to dial in a pretty good setup... for like free....

PM me if you like, or post your results, and I'm sure others more knowledgeable than I will help you out.

Side Note: I just ordered a set of Phillips 7199s for my hotrodded Dynaco - twice the price since I last ordered them! Guess that makes me a classic CSOB 914 owner!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 05:31 PM