Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsches & Planes in LA! - LA Region PCA Concours Sun 9/10/17, Santa Monica Museum of Flying
Tom_T
post Jun 11 2015, 03:29 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

UPDATE:

If you're wondering what happened to the LA Region's PCA Zone 8 Concours normally held in July, for 2017 it has been moved to Sunday Sept. 10 2017, & it's again at the Santa Monica Museum of Flying.

Here is their Reg page link:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-la...-angeles-932761

Remember that there is now a 914/914-6 Class in Wash & Shine Division since last year, & in all other Divisions except Ubergang (for new Porsches without easy/much engine access, so engine not judged in UG).

Also remember that you can enter an engine swapped Porsche - including 914s - in the Special Categories Division SC-1 - & if you track/AX your 914 or other Porsche, then you can do SC-2.

Come on out & see some nice Porsches & Planes, great lunch, etc.

AFAIK, you can get a free informal display by just parking in the parking lot out front, but formal Display areas are inside the museum building & in the back display area.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/static.wixstatic.com-10181-1499741952.1.jpg)

[i]INFO ON PAST EVENTS BELOW:[/i]

Another fun Porsche event is coming next month in LA - Porsches & Planes at the Santa Monica Museum of Flying across from the south side of Santa Monica Airport on Sun. 7/12/15.

So enthusiasts can come out & see both P-cars & Aircraft! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

CWs can enter for Concours judging! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
.... I'll be SoCal Andy will be there with his "Ole Yellar" original 6! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif)
..... among other Teeners on here.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Those that want to show off their 914s (IMG:style_emoticons/default/creamsicle914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) but not be judged can do Display.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

So go here to learn more .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

http://pcalosangeles.org/

http://pcalosangeles.org/event/los-angeles...nstance_id=1606

>>>> & you can go here to register for judged entries or display .... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-la...06#.VXn6cVIYHYg

So plan ahead now! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 17 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Here is where you can go to register -

http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pca-la...06#.VYIxo1IYHYg

And here is the list of entries so far -

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/eve...6C#.VYIxrlIYHYg

It's still early, so this will fill out over then coming weeks!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) So where is Andy? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

A potential winner! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 17 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #3

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 4 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #4

TMI....

Coming up next weekend! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Jul 4 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #5

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643

That's the same day as the G & R ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 4 2015, 07:23 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

Sorry, but I'll be at the G&R. By the way, the Santa Monica airport won't be there much longer. They might need another venue for this event. Might I recommend Riverside? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 4 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #7

TMI....

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 4 2015, 06:23 PM) *

Sorry, but I'll be at the G&R. By the way, the Santa Monica airport won't be there much longer. They might need another venue for this event. Might I recommend Riverside? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

I think you can still do this too in the afternoon Elliot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well, they got rid of Meadowlark back when, but this will be a harder nut to crack, since there are too many power players with planes at Santa Monica, & the FAA has federal law to back them up keeping it there.

I just find it incredibly stupid that folks move next to an airport & then complain about the noise! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

El Toro should've been an international airport for OC, but they worried about the noise in those areas south & west, got rid of it, & now have the JWA/SNA noise over them, now that the controlled airspace around El Toro is gone! Serves them right!

Say Cheers to Tony D. for me next time you talk (I've lost his number (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) - please PM or email it to me when you get a chance), & travel safe coming down to G&R next weekend.

Happy 4th E!
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 4 2015, 11:22 PM
Post #8

TMI....

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 4 2015, 04:58 PM) *

That's the same day as the G & R ? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Jim - LAR had this date scheduled soon after their 2014 one last July!

G&R was supposed to be in April .... not July 12th .... but then it got cancelled, kicked out, adopted by Bruce & now scheduled for the same day!

However, it is possible to do G&R in the morning & this in the afternoon, for those who want to see the Air Museum & Porsches. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Last year they had 2 Carerra GTs on display, & probably 1 or 2 + a 918 this year.

I'm judging, so I have to be there pretty much all day. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Jul 12 2015, 05:58 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

I took a ride over to Santa Monica airport in a friends 912 and checked out the PCA gathering. Perfect day for cars+ interesting aircraft .
I met Andy and discussed his yellow 6 gt, a beautiful car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Anyone that took pics please post em up.
MartyAttached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 13 2015, 01:42 PM
Post #10

TMI....

Sorry I missed you Marty! I was off judging on the other cars on the far side when you guys were chatting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Well someone took home top honors here with a score just 0.2 off the perfect 325, & is well on his way to securing some 2015 overall Zone 8 honors as well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached Image

.... but I think he's talking with the "Ice Princess" photo gal here, & not looking at his hardware, like Kent is doing! Must be tough to be chased by the paparazzi!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I'm sure he'll add some nicer pix than my crappy cell phone pic when he gets a chance. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/type.gif)

See what you miss when you reschedule the GR&B on top of the long standing LA Region's Concoiurs! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 13 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #11

TMI....

The Museum of Flying also has some interesting aircraft etc. to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) over,

.... including this Mid-Engine Car of another sort! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ... hmmmmm .... radial aero-engined 914 ....

Kinda like Bill Cosby's 1960's bit about the Cessna powered Rambler! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
... or whatever car that was? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 13 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #12

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) For some reason it doesn't want to take the pic of the description card in my post above, here's a try again....

Attached Image

There! ... it worked that time!

Feel free to add your own pix from the event here too! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)

Tom
///////

+Quote Post
Maltese Falcon
post Jul 13 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,755

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 13 2015, 12:42 PM) *

Sorry I missed you Marty! I was off judging on the other cars on the far side when you guys were chatting. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Well someone took home top honors here with a score just 0.2 off the perfect 325, & is well on his way to securing some 2015 overall Zone 8 honors as well! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached Image

Tom
///////

No woories Tom, we will meet up and bench race soon I'm sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
After roasting earlier in the day at Topanga Super Car Sunday, a quick visit to Samo airport ...I was ready for some spa time !
Marty
+Quote Post
post Jul 14 2015, 09:23 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 17,275

Great show, beautiful cars, excellent food. Congratulations Andy!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 14 2015, 09:45 AM
Post #15

TMI....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

On the food - & not to knock the GR&B cookout food - but LAR had a great caterer there this year & last with BBQ chicken, ribs & tri-tip, beans, slaw, mac & potato salads, bread, sodas, etc.

So you might consider putting it on your calendar for next July, & maybe the GR&B can get scheduled back to spring & fall on a non-conflicting weekend.

Bruce - you can PM or email me when you're scheduling them next time & I'll email you the link for the Zone 8 events, to keep the 914 swap off of the AX, DE/TT/Track, Concours & other events in SoCal.

PS - what you can't see is that Andy in the pic above has the bowl full of his seconds or thirds of the BBQ food to take home! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post
post Jul 14 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 17,275

More pics. Sorry, they're a bit blurry.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jul 21 2015, 08:51 AM
Post #17

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

It couldn't have been closer in the points with the others in the class. I've been chasing some owners all season with years of showing thinking if I was close then I'm cool with that but she won one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 21 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #18

TMI....

So close it was actually a tie that was broken according to Zone 8 rules for such! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I think they also want to see some of the nice pix of your car & the others Andy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So ..... San Diego 8/22 next!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 21 2015, 10:40 AM
Post #19

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 4 2015, 10:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 4 2015, 06:23 PM) *

I think you can still do this too in the afternoon Elliot! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Well, they got rid of Meadowlark back when, but this will be a harder nut to crack, since there are too many power players with planes at Santa Monica, & the FAA has federal law to back them up keeping it there.

I just find it incredibly stupid that folks move next to an airport & then complain about the noise! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

El Toro should've been an international airport for OC, but they worried about the noise in those areas south & west, got rid of it, & now have the JWA/SNA noise over them, now that the controlled airspace around El Toro is gone! Serves them right!

Say Cheers to Tony D. for me next time you talk (I've lost his number (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) - please PM or email it to me when you get a chance), & travel safe coming down to G&R next weekend.

Happy 4th E!
Tom
///////

El Toro would have NEVER worked as an intl. airport. Next time you see me I'll 'splain why.
+Quote Post
Socalandy
post Jul 24 2015, 10:27 PM
Post #20

Its got to be Yellow!!!

Member No.: 10,742

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 21 2015, 08:05 AM) *

So close it was actually a tie that was broken according to Zone 8 rules for such! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

I think they also want to see some of the nice pix of your car & the others Andy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

So ..... San Diego 8/22 next!? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////

Sorry, I've been crazy busy...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 06:01 PM