Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to by-pass the windshield-wiper switch
Kraftwerk
post Jun 26 2015, 02:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,085

Just want to take this out of the equation: How to by-pass the windshield-wiper switch?
The w/wipers 'suddenly' don't work.. could be a cut wire ( mouse! ) somewhere, but as the switch is the weakest link in any system, I feel I should check that first. Just want to jump two wires together to see if it works which two wires.. This switch is actually a lot more complicated than you would think.. car is a '71. I am wondering how to remove the thing..this switch.. it looks 'NOT' straightforward.

Everything else runs great! Car is so fun.. loud & fast ( well the 'fast' part is a stretch..)

( BTW thanks to Chris and the guys at CFR in CT for always being there for me and my car. Highly recommend his shop for all your 914 issues..)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
worn
post Jun 26 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #2

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jun 26 2015, 01:49 PM) *

Just want to take this out of the equation: How to by-pass the windshield-wiper switch?
The w/wipers 'suddenly' don't work.. could be a cut wire ( mouse! ) somewhere, but as the switch is the weakest link in any system, I feel I should check that first. Just want to jump two wires together to see if it works which two wires.. This switch is actually a lot more complicated than you would think.. car is a '71. I am wondering how to remove the thing..this switch.. it looks 'NOT' straightforward.

Everything else runs great! Car is so fun.. loud & fast ( well the 'fast' part is a stretch..)

( BTW thanks to Chris and the guys at CFR in CT for always being there for me and my car. Highly recommend his shop for all your 914 issues..)

Remove the lower dash pad so you can get to the plug. Then follow the scematic. It may be like the Vulcan mind meld but they do show what wire goes where and after years of monastic study, why.

Fast they are, for what they are, and nimble is perhaps a better descriptor.

The wiper is set up like all of those in the day such that once started a contact within the wiper ensures parking no matter what else happens, so ther are actually two independent systems driving the motor. Good luck!
+Quote Post
Kraftwerk
post Jun 27 2015, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 8,085

Thanks Worn. Thats explains all the 'extra' wires to the switch..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 09:47 PM