Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to by-pass the windshield-wiper switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kraftwerk
Just want to take this out of the equation: How to by-pass the windshield-wiper switch?
The w/wipers 'suddenly' don't work.. could be a cut wire ( mouse! ) somewhere, but as the switch is the weakest link in any system, I feel I should check that first. Just want to jump two wires together to see if it works which two wires.. This switch is actually a lot more complicated than you would think.. car is a '71. I am wondering how to remove the thing..this switch.. it looks 'NOT' straightforward.

Everything else runs great! Car is so fun.. loud & fast ( well the 'fast' part is a stretch..)

( BTW thanks to Chris and the guys at CFR in CT for always being there for me and my car. Highly recommend his shop for all your 914 issues..)
worn
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Jun 26 2015, 01:49 PM) *

Just want to take this out of the equation: How to by-pass the windshield-wiper switch?
The w/wipers 'suddenly' don't work.. could be a cut wire ( mouse! ) somewhere, but as the switch is the weakest link in any system, I feel I should check that first. Just want to jump two wires together to see if it works which two wires.. This switch is actually a lot more complicated than you would think.. car is a '71. I am wondering how to remove the thing..this switch.. it looks 'NOT' straightforward.

Everything else runs great! Car is so fun.. loud & fast ( well the 'fast' part is a stretch..)

( BTW thanks to Chris and the guys at CFR in CT for always being there for me and my car. Highly recommend his shop for all your 914 issues..)

Remove the lower dash pad so you can get to the plug. Then follow the scematic. It may be like the Vulcan mind meld but they do show what wire goes where and after years of monastic study, why.

Fast they are, for what they are, and nimble is perhaps a better descriptor.

The wiper is set up like all of those in the day such that once started a contact within the wiper ensures parking no matter what else happens, so ther are actually two independent systems driving the motor. Good luck!
Kraftwerk
Thanks Worn. Thats explains all the 'extra' wires to the switch..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.