Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Soccer ladies, Kicked us out of the game
SLITS
post Jul 6 2015, 08:18 AM
Post #21

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Excellent Final ... Yeah!

USA kicked their collective asses.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
veltror
post Jul 6 2015, 01:43 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,978
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Jul 1 2015, 09:35 PM) *

I am a soccer fan, Germany has an awesome team, USA deserved the win, one of the best matches ever. Those athletes on both teams played their hearts out, the U.S. Girls played outstanding and I thought the ref did a great job of letting them play but still controlling the match. Kudo's to your team all you yanks!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

My good fellow it is not soccer, it is football (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 6 2015, 04:37 PM
Post #23

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I love it! Must have been a great game. Sorry to have missed it.
+Quote Post
Perry Kiehl Clone
post Jul 6 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #24

Unregistered

Great game! I get a chuckle out of the soccer haters. There's non stop action, no time outs, and the game officials aren't involved in every single play of the game. Argue with the Referee too much, you get sent off and your team plays a man down. The "American Pastime" is boring to me, as well as teaching our youth to bad mouth authority, but I'm not going to bag on it.
+Quote Post
messix
post Jul 6 2015, 08:18 PM
Post #25

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

total domination!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Jul 7 2015, 08:09 AM
Post #26

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

For years I watched a clip of Pele taking a shot from mid-field. It was an international game so cameras everywhere, and the view from behind the goal shows the goalie realize, to his horror, that that damned shot was on goal and was gonna go in, you can see him stiffen, turn, and run like a rabbit caught out in the open, with terror in his face. Pele just missed, wide right, but just the attempt was magnificent. That clip is awesome, and I always admired Pele for taking the shot. So when Lloyd tried that same shot AND MADE IT I just plain broke down with admiration. Admiration for her audacity, and then, when it went in, for her skill. That was really really special, and I think at that moment the poor Japanese women knew it wasn't their day, it was over. Man what a game.

+Quote Post
naro914
post Jul 7 2015, 08:29 AM
Post #27

Losing my mind...

Member No.: 6,073
Region Association: South East States

^^Agree!
We went out to dinner and thought we would watch some of the game. Got there at 5 minutes into the game and it said 2-0! What? am I reading that right? Yes, it was USA, Yes it was Japan and Yes it was live....WOW...Then...3-0 then....

Our women are excellent players. If you watched the game and know anything about soccer (futbol for the non-Yanks) you know they had complete control of the game. They passed well, defended well, set up plays well, and were very aggressive on the offense - something they really hadn't done all tournament. They were by far the better team on the field and they deserved the win!!

Congratulations Ladies!!! Well Done! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 8 2015, 02:44 PM
Post #28

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Perry Kiehl Clone @ Jul 6 2015, 06:28 PM) *

The "American Pastime" is boring to me, as well as teaching our youth to bad mouth authority, but I'm not going to bag on it.

Then Perry Clone, try the "other UK Football" - Rugby Football - in it's various flavors: Union (15 a side), League (11 a side) or Sevens (7 a side - going to Olympics where the USA is the 2x defending Gold Medalists in 15s from 1920 & 24)!

It's as much a contact a sport as our Football, but as non-stop as Soccer, & you mouth off to a Ref & you're off (the Soccer Refs put up with too much crap), & requires smarter players who can play offense & defense immediately & continuously!

Good Sportsmanship is expected & demanded in Rugby, & in college & club play it is the tradition for the home team to host the visitors at the Pub for food & beer & camaraderie & a bawdy songfest at "the 3rd half" - rather than going off on a destruction binge like soccer hooligans, or going off hating the opponents until next game/year in American Football.

As the Brits say/said: Soccer/Football is a gentlemen's game played by hooligans, but Rugby is a hooligans game played by Gentlemen!!

I played all 3 sports over he years since youth, but much prefer the Rugby over Soccer & Football, although I do like to watch them too for key games of my alma maters & hometown teams.

The Rugby World Cup is the 3rd most watched event worldwide - behind the men's soccer Football World Cup & the Olympics - & the RFC is coming up this Sept./Oct. from jolly ole England, with the USA ranked 12th - but at least we're now ranked above & beat the Canadians .... finally! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Give it a watch too, you might like it once you get how it's played (the announcers & teams do some good explanations during breaks). It will be on NBC & their cable/satellite NBC sports network.

The Soccer Gals did great! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
... they had a big LA area celebration for them yesterday! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Tom
///////
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 05:08 AM