Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: there are some crazy people out there, short rant about online people
TROJANMAN
post Feb 25 2005, 02:21 PM
Post #21

Looks nice in pictures.........

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,753
Region Association: None

QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 25 2005, 12:06 PM)

Actually the lack of them here is something I really like about this board.  Can't say the same for the 4x4 boards.  Pirate4x4.com is real treat to ever read, and I have my own personal antagonist on colorado4x4.org (oddly he had no memory of any of his insults when I actually met the 17 year old).

that's funny. you're totally right about the 4x4 boards. why would you ever insult people who talk about monster trucks, guns, and beer all day. not necessarily in that order. plus, i've met some of those 4x4 guys on group rides, i'm careful what i say on those websites.
not to mention the tyrannical rule of the web administrators on that board. i was once banned from Colorado4x4.org, just because i made mention of an item i was selling in the classifieds on the chit chat board. no warnings either, i was completely banned from opening any PM's or replying to anything, until a buddy of mine appealed to one of the admins.
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redshift
post Feb 25 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #22

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

lmao

I was just banned from a flight sim BBS because I told them that the flight sim sucked, and they were all drinking koolaide. They have quotes from the developer of the game for signatures.

In real life, these people would last about 1 second in a dogfight, but on the internet..

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beerchug.gif) Give me koolaide!

haha.. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/icon8.gif) ... ooops..

M
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Andy
post Feb 25 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 1,194

QUOTE (glstrojan @ Feb 25 2005, 12:21 PM)

that's funny.  you're totally right about the 4x4 boards.  why would you ever insult people who talk about monster trucks, guns, and beer all day.  not necessarily in that order.  plus, i've met some of those 4x4 guys on group rides, i'm careful what i say on those websites.
not to mention the tyrannical rule of the web administrators on that board.  i was once banned from Colorado4x4.org, just because i made mention of an item i was selling in the classifieds on the chit chat board.  no warnings either, i was completely banned from opening any PM's or replying to anything, until a buddy of mine appealed to one of the admins.

Sadly, the occasional heavy handed admin'ing is the only thing that keeps colorado4x4.org from turning into pirate. And I totally agree, one of the reasons they do get heavy handed sometimes is that some of those people seriously want to follow through with it.

BTW I wasn't trying to be an Internet Badass myself talking to that kid, I really did run into him in the real world and he really was a very personable individual, he didn't seem to have any memory of questioning my parentage. Later, back on the Internet he explained that I was retarded for prefering a manual transmission in sports cars and my assertion that replacing the stock Turbo 400 (3-speed!) in a V12 XJS would improve performance, I guess the transmission reached it's pinnacle in a 1960 Chevy pickup. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/dry.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:48 PM