Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 928 engine in 914
EdwardBlume
post Jul 24 2015, 07:40 AM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(arkitect @ Jul 24 2015, 05:28 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 21 2015, 07:21 PM) *

Webers on a 928 engine have been done. There was a street rod done in California in the 80's. More of a show car than a driver.

928 engines are a very different animal. The US spec engines are only 218-219 hp. Kind of a waste of time when you can bolt in a 6 with no drama and get that easy.

The euro engines stock are 300-310 advertised hp. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) The engines are higher compression, have larger valves, bigger ports, the inside of the spyder runners are larger and the throttle body is way bigger than the US engine.

There are very few mods that can be done. The challenge is the block. It's made of allusil. The whole block. You can only run the special iron coated pistons. Try to use aftermarket pistons and they stick to the block. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

The other limitation are the cams. They are a long duration short lift designed for F.I. Not suited for carbs.

The engine I have is what is called a hybrid. I am running a 5.0 block and pistons. The 5.0 is a 32 valve engine. I had the piston notched for 16 valve heads. I have a complete euro-spec "S" 16 valve top end with CIS. This combo is producing over 350 RW hp. in the 928's turning all the accessories. I'm only turning an alternator. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

Oh: and I used a 901 with an HB 5th and sorted stack. It's a custom length side shift. (as in I cut the housing with a router to make it fit. No one makes any conversion parts. I made my own adaptor plate and custom flywheel and clutch.

I drive the car hard. Sandy and I have been to almost every corner of the country more than once. I built a cruiser not a town car.

Rick,
It would be great to see your built alien in person one day. Don't know if you went to the last WCR.

Dave

Good news - there are 2 things that make Rick come to CA - a good deal and a good time.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jul 24 2015, 12:44 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Jul 21 2015, 07:30 PM) *

thanks for all the input. and by the was taking advice from a guy that doesn't eat meat is like taking advice from a woman, rite Elliot

The only advice I give people is, if you eat meat it will kill you. Eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Jul 24 2015, 01:06 PM
Post #23

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

Rumor has it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hide.gif) that Rick may be moving to the West coast because Mark is moving East! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 24 2015, 06:02 PM
Post #24

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 24 2015, 08:40 AM) *

QUOTE(arkitect @ Jul 24 2015, 05:28 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 21 2015, 07:21 PM) *

Webers on a 928 engine have been done. There was a street rod done in California in the 80's. More of a show car than a driver.

928 engines are a very different animal. The US spec engines are only 218-219 hp. Kind of a waste of time when you can bolt in a 6 with no drama and get that easy.

The euro engines stock are 300-310 advertised hp. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) The engines are higher compression, have larger valves, bigger ports, the inside of the spyder runners are larger and the throttle body is way bigger than the US engine.

There are very few mods that can be done. The challenge is the block. It's made of allusil. The whole block. You can only run the special iron coated pistons. Try to use aftermarket pistons and they stick to the block. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

The other limitation are the cams. They are a long duration short lift designed for F.I. Not suited for carbs.

The engine I have is what is called a hybrid. I am running a 5.0 block and pistons. The 5.0 is a 32 valve engine. I had the piston notched for 16 valve heads. I have a complete euro-spec "S" 16 valve top end with CIS. This combo is producing over 350 RW hp. in the 928's turning all the accessories. I'm only turning an alternator. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif)

Oh: and I used a 901 with an HB 5th and sorted stack. It's a custom length side shift. (as in I cut the housing with a router to make it fit. No one makes any conversion parts. I made my own adaptor plate and custom flywheel and clutch.

I drive the car hard. Sandy and I have been to almost every corner of the country more than once. I built a cruiser not a town car.

Rick,
It would be great to see your built alien in person one day. Don't know if you went to the last WCR.

Dave

Good news - there are 2 things that make Rick come to CA - a good deal and a good time.

You know me so wellRob! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Yes Dave,

Sandy and I were there. We have been to several Western events with the Alien. But this year we were in 7 of 9.

She has since been assimilated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/assimilate.gif) into a new family that really digs her. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) Photo from the new owner. I changed the color of the hood before she left but I didn't touch her big tits.

Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 24 2015, 06:07 PM
Post #25

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jul 24 2015, 01:44 PM) *

QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Jul 21 2015, 07:30 PM) *

thanks for all the input. and by the was taking advice from a guy that doesn't eat meat is like taking advice from a woman, rite Elliot

The only advice I give people is, if you eat meat it will kill you. Eventually. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Oh I don't know about that Elliott... That sandwich you had at the picnic luncheon damn near caused you to break your neck or something...
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 10:29 AM