Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear decklid hinge, I think I'm in trouble here...
sdoolin
post Jul 26 2015, 03:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,299
Region Association: None

Been driving my 914 frequently, just too much fun to sit in the barn all summer. Couple of days ago I noticed the rear decklid gaps had gotten terrible (see pic). Checked it out and it seems that the hinge-mount-thingy is no longer secured to the car. Looks like a weld has failed.

Now, I can take this car completely apart and I have significant knowledge of the engine/drivetrain having spent 25 years with a VW bus, but I can't weld, and I am terrible at bodywork.

So, how bad is this? I imagine I'll need to take it somewhere, but need somewhere that "knows" 914s?

I am in the Louisville KY area so if anyone knows a shop that is capable of fixing this, I'd love to hear about them. Cincy and Indy are within driving distance if the shop is that good.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:03 AM