Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

50 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 46 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Finishing A 914-6 GT Conversion Project, Great Start, But The Devil Is In The Details!
Lucky9146
post Nov 15 2018, 09:31 AM
Post #861

Always Wanted A Bigger Go Cart

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,942
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(914Toy @ Nov 14 2018, 01:43 PM) *

What is the address?

The main drag is S8 or Paseo Delicias with the major cross street La Granada in Rancho Santa Fe. I never knew the names so had to look them up. Coming down 5 from the north you would likely take the Encinitas Blvd exit and go east.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Nov 15 2018, 11:51 AM
Post #862

Member No.: 21,596

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Nov 15 2018, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(914Toy @ Nov 14 2018, 01:43 PM) *

What is the address?

The main drag is S8 or Paseo Delicias with the major cross street La Granada in Rancho Santa Fe. I never knew the names so had to look them up. Coming down 5 from the north you would likely take the Encinitas Blvd exit and go east.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)

I found: 5978 Paseo Delicias, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92o67, Saturdays 8 - 11 am. See you there.
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 19 2018, 01:36 AM
Post #863

Saturday morning was another beautiful day and 914Toy headed down to join me and check things out in RSF. But I forgot to get any pictures of his car before he left, sorry Keith. We did get a chance to check out each others cars, he has a nicely done car, and I'm kinda liking his Clewett crank fire set up. Hmmmmm (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) and his reflector idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

My wife is not thrilled to ride in the 914 but after some begging I talked her into coming along. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smlove2.gif) She helped me in trying to learn and develop my GoPro skills so check out my link here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YFhRjbQlTo I like the sound and more to come I hope.

There was a videographer present Saturday as well, developing her skills, and she spent quite a bit of time on my car so I hope to get a copy of her work.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 19 2018, 07:40 AM
Post #864

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Your car looks great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 19 2018, 11:44 PM
Post #865

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 19 2018, 05:40 AM) *

Your car looks great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks Michael! I always look forward to seeing the next steps on your car and hope to see it in person one day.
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Nov 19 2018, 11:58 PM
Post #866

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) ..............I like white! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/white914.jpg)
+Quote Post
jmitro
post Nov 20 2018, 06:35 AM
Post #867

Member No.: 18,986
Region Association: None

beautiful
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 20 2018, 05:18 PM
Post #868

QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Nov 19 2018, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(jmitro @ Nov 20 2018, 04:35 AM)

beautiful

whitetwinturbo
Jmitro
Really want to say thanks to you two! You were # 3 and #4 to weigh in on this thread in the very beginning Aug 3, 2015

I thought it interesting you are right here, right after each other again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 24 2018, 08:50 AM
Post #869

Last weekend I met someone video taping my car at Cars & Coffee (pictures above) and since she had given me her contact info I reached out to see how it came out. Unfortunately this was her first outing she said her gimball didn't work well for her and the video did not come out well.

I mentioned all this to my buddy who said he had some video of my car at Renn6.
So now I have this video of my car and other 914's there, but what I really like is the sound of the announcer over the loud speaker in the quiet morning. Turn up your sound it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxyeanCuJMM

+Quote Post
defianty
post Nov 24 2018, 09:17 AM
Post #870

Member No.: 6,621
Region Association: None

Looks great Jim I can't tire of looking at your car. Knowing that I'm going to have one that looks just as good soon excites me no end! I'm particularly fond of the ride height, it looks spot on.
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 24 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #871

QUOTE(defianty @ Nov 24 2018, 07:17 AM) *

Looks great Jim I can't tire of looking at your car. Knowing that I'm going to have one that looks just as good soon excites me no end! I'm particularly fond of the ride height, it looks spot on.

Thanks Stephen but I think yours will be a better example with your new paint and mine being over 20 years old. The engine compartment on mine could have used a re do and I did not realize it at the time.
There is a price to be paid with that ride height, just something to think about.
Keep us posted on your paint job. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 24 2018, 09:17 PM
Post #872

My friend who shot the Renn6 video I posted above is an IT guy and dabbles in a lot of electronic/ pictures/ video stuff, and I mean a lot. One of his new found loves is artfully customizing photographs to where they look like painting's and giving them to people. Today he showed up with a couple pictures he had printed up that he shot at last weeks Cars & Coffee. I asked for the electronic files so I could post here. These are 12"X18" prints!
The third one is the same picture as the second, but now to a whole nother level, almost cartoon-ish, but oh so cool.
I'm going to frame them!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Nov 24 2018, 09:29 PM
Post #873

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068

I'm not parking my jalopy anywhere near Jim's nice white car.

Is there an alley I can park in next week? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 24 2018, 10:45 PM
Post #874

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Nov 24 2018, 07:29 PM) *

I'm not parking my jalopy anywhere near Jim's nice white car.

Is there an alley I can park in next week? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif)

Your car is not a jalopy! Looks good to me! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif) Seems I recently saw a perfect front bumper that you were going to sleep next to, if I'm not mistaken (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
So, you coming next week? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Cool, looking forward to it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Coondog
post Nov 24 2018, 11:33 PM
Post #875

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19,195

Great looking build, now I know what mine will look like in white.....thanks
Only real changes, I am going with stock mirrors, polished Fuch pedals and I am on the fence concerning the rear spoiler. I am also going to delete the windshield H20 squarters, antenna and rear trunk button.
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Nov 25 2018, 12:35 PM
Post #876

QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 24 2018, 09:33 PM) *

Great looking build, now I know what mine will look like in white.....thanks
Only real changes, I am going with stock mirrors, polished Fuch pedals and I am on the fence concerning the rear spoiler. I am also going to delete the windshield H20 squarters, antenna and rear trunk button.

Hey Greg Thanks!

Wait what? Are you going to flare your 3.2 car now, cuz it's already white? Must be a different car? Right?

As for my mirrors I did not make that selection, unfortunately, car was built this way when I got it with the beginnings of the 6 conversion. Paint is Imron from 1995 and I can't match it so I'm not going to try anything like changing the mirrors and the same goes for the spoiler, it was already there too. At first I didn't care for the spoiler but it has grown on my and I love it now. Looke forward to hearing more on yours.
Thanks for weighing in and for all the info on fire extinguishers a while back, I copied you.
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Dec 10 2018, 03:59 PM
Post #877

While I figure out next steps (I am not in a big hurry) on my transmission upgrade to a 915 with Martin Bott 916 kit, I find driving my car something I really look forward to. The cars and coffee I attend fairly regularly is a nice all back roads drive and good place to exercise it about 15 miles one way. I want to venture further like Carlsbad or Crystal Cove, the 5 freeway is not my favorite, but we'll see.

Saturday morning my car was nestled nicely between a perfect Ferrari F50 and a very nice Speedster. It doesn't get near the attention of an F50 for sure but it is well appreciated by many. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Dec 18 2018, 09:25 PM
Post #878

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Nov 20 2018, 04:18 PM) *

QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Nov 19 2018, 09:58 PM) *

QUOTE(jmitro @ Nov 20 2018, 04:35 AM)

beautiful

whitetwinturbo
Jmitro
Really want to say thanks to you two! You were # 3 and #4 to weigh in on this thread in the very beginning Aug 3, 2015

I thought it interesting you are right here, right after each other again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

...........love your efforts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Mar 28 2019, 09:51 PM
Post #879

Came across this link here to an earlier thread about 915 trans, read it all, and it got me going again.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) So, thank you all who posted to that thread! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=298292

Haven't posted in a while because there is not much to report yet on my 916 trans. project and I have had a rather big iron in the fire taking all my time. The news is, I found someone locally who I think can help me out, has actually worked on a real 916 years ago, and seems to really know 915 boxes. He has done conversions but had never heard of the Martin Bott kit, only Vellios.
Kinda getting a list of few things I want to address while the engine is out too.
Hope to post some progress in a few weeks but until then I just get to look at these cool parts and keep

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Lucky9146
post Mar 31 2019, 08:56 PM
Post #880

Met with the transmission guy yesterday and I learned a lot. He figured out pretty quick where all the bits go on one of many cases he had. But it looks like there could be a problem with this little support circled here. Not sure yet but some investigation yet to do.

Attached Image

+Quote Post

50 Pages V « < 42 43 44 45 46 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:53 PM