Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transmission Install Help, Yes, I did a search
iiibdsiil
post Feb 28 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #1

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

Okay, I did a search, didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Not this weekend, but hopefully the following I will be putting my transmission back in my car.

I didn't pull the motor, which was all I found in the search. So, what's the best way to put the trans back in?

Should I level the car on the jackstands, or just raise the rear? How am I going to support the trans on the jack? I had fun taking it out. (Said a prayer and hoped it didn't fall, was ready to move out at a moments notice.)

Any pictures of a transmission jig for a jack? Maybe ideas to build one out of wood? I would go and take measurements and try to figure something out, but the car and trans are like 200 miles from me, plus the trans is still in peices.

I still have not figured out what axles I have, so I am just going to drop them off to get rebuilt, and when they ask what they are from, I am going to go "You're the expert" I found pictures of a bus CV joint, and I think that is what it is, because the picture of the 911 one wasn't it for sure. And it is bigger than the 914 one for sure.

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Gotta go to the Bird Board for some advice on the ECU now.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
iiibdsiil   Transmission Install Help   Feb 28 2005, 06:59 PM
Ctrout   I can't claim to be the biggest or strongest i...   Feb 28 2005, 07:09 PM
JB 914   just did this last weekend. you need two people t...   Feb 28 2005, 07:12 PM
sj914   I balanced the engine and tranny on my jack and ju...   Feb 28 2005, 07:13 PM
vsg914   sj914 nailed it! It ain't that heavy. Inse...   Feb 28 2005, 07:19 PM
MattR  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:13 PM