Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SCCA solo - swapping cars mid event?
GaroldShaffer
post Aug 17 2015, 10:31 PM
Post #1

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

So the topic came up at one of our events about swapping cars mid event during a solo. Not because of a mechanical issue, but just to drive a different car. An example was given of driving a FP car then changing to a ASP car. Should the times ran in the ASP car be index at the FP index or ASP?

When I was asked I said yes at the FP index, but then I was question if the driver should even be allowed to swap cars if he doesn't have a mechanical problem with his car?

Tired looking up in the solo rules, but didn't find an answer. Maybe I missed it?

Your thoughts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Aug 26 2015, 01:20 PM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

Local event? or Serious Business AX where everybody is there to win?

Local should be "who the heck cares". I have driven lots of peoples cars during the course of an event. and taken a DSQ for time. Reality I had FTD in friends Vette, and was faster than the other car owners. Had a freaking blast.

We also did one that everybody interested took their last run in an FJ kart. OMG what a riot.
+Quote Post
jhadler
post Sep 2 2015, 02:23 PM
Post #3

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

I agree with Joe.

If it's a competitive event (National or Divisional level), then no. If it's a local event, and you pay the extra money, and work the extra shift, as long as you DSQ the runs, no one should care. But because you are getting extra looks at the course at speed, there is a competitive advantage...

-Josh
+Quote Post
JPIII
post Sep 2 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,919
Region Association: None

National tour events are 2 day events.
If your car goes blamo on day 1, swapping cars is fairly common.....but you stay in class..... if the replacement car is legal for the class & passes tech. An ASP can run in Emod....but not the other way around. You're gonna get your doors blowed off but there is no rule against that. That said, I've never seen an Emod car entered in the event run with a different driver in Emod as entered.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:55 PM