Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 6 cylinder oil scavenge line, With heat exchangers
'73-914kid
post Aug 18 2015, 04:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,714
Region Association: Southern California

Quick question for those of you running heat exchangers and an external oil cooler..

What did you do for the oil scavenge line that come out of the passenger side of the engine case? I have an old pipe that someone welded a -12 AN fitting to, however it was pinched long before I ever came across the engine, and I'm looking for an alternative.

Patrick motorsports sells a line than looks exactly like mine for $160 (option 1)

My other thought was to run an AN line off the case to my thermostat at the firewall, however I don't know if there is sufficient room for this line to fit with heat exchangers and the heater boxes.

So, what have some of you done that are in this situation? I would much rather build a line myself with AN fittings than blow a bunch of cash on a rather simple oil pipe from PMS..

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:15 PM