Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

19 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Outlaw 914s, Show your "Outlaw" rides
Millerwelds
post Sep 15 2015, 05:00 PM
Post #281

Pleepleus

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,206
Region Association: Northern California

I say we change it up. It should be "914 Inlaws"

This group is a perfect example of Inlaws all the way around. Give each other shit, try to scare the new guy till he leaves, tell each other what they can or can't or should / should not do with their projects. Show up on the 914 holidays / gatherings and make asses out of ourselves. Band together to save those in need, donate time and parts to deserving causes....

Good, bad, ugly and everything in between. So there you have it.

Someone design and sell badges on the cheap so we can all roll with them. Everyone here is a member. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Sep 15 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #282

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704
Region Association: Southern California

This outlaw should scare the inlaw away......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
dangerranger01
post Sep 15 2015, 06:06 PM
Post #283

Member No.: 4,578
Region Association: None

I don't know, but these are outlaw fender flares for sure...

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 15 2015, 06:16 PM
Post #284

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300

Looks like a contestant in tractor races (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
poorsche914
post Sep 15 2015, 06:23 PM
Post #285

T4 Supercharged

Member No.: 10,419
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 15 2015, 07:18 PM) *
This outlaw should scare the inlaw away......... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)
Attached Image

This outlaw constantly won FTOD at local autocrosses for several years!
Attached Image

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
carr914
post Sep 15 2015, 06:54 PM
Post #286

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(whitetwinturbo @ Sep 10 2015, 01:38 PM) *

Group 5 or Outlaw?

That at one time had a 962 engine in it
+Quote Post
earossi
post Sep 15 2015, 08:44 PM
Post #287

Member No.: 13,878
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I never thought of my car as an outlaw......but, in reality, it is not a stock car either.

My objective in doing the project was to maintain somewhat of a "stock" look to the car, while doing things that would improve the performance and fun of the car.

To start the project required a search for a restorable 914. The car I selected was a 1976 model that had spent much of its life in California and ended up in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Dry, high desert country. So, though it had some rust (what 914 does not!), it was minimal. None of it was structural. So, the longs, floor pans, and trunk floors were serviceable. The battery tray did require replacement, and there was some minor rust, but very little in comparison to what I have seen here in the East.

And, there is no evidence of any accident repairs to the car.

I had much of the restoration done in Salt Lake City. I did not want to spend a huge amount, but ended up with about $18k in the car (which did not include the conversion to a 3.2/6 later in the project). For that amount, I ended up with a car that was disassembled for paint. The paint job is not concours quality (for which I did not want to pay). I would call the paint a good 5 foot car quality. Not perfect, but since the car was going to be a driver.....why spend $7k or so on a concours quality paint job to get it chipped as soon as you take it on the freeway!

I also had the interior done, but again, there was not any effort made to duplicate original. The color scheme chosen was also not stock: Estoril Blue with a Coral Red interior (think BMW M3).

But, suspension and power plant were areas that received the changes.

So, the car was modded as follows:

- Brad Mayeur (914Ltd) longitudinal stiffeners
- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- Boxster front brake calipers (Rich Johnson)
- Adjustable Koni Sport shocks
- Trailing arm stiffeners (PMB design)
- 21mm torsion bars
- Elephant Racing rubber bushings
- 911 3.2 injected engine (not included in stated costs!)
- 916 steel flares
- 6 and 7 inch 16" Fuchs wheels
- Back dated chrome bumpers
- Aft mounted auxiliary oil cooler with electric fan assist
- 19mm master cylinder
- All suspension bushings were replaced with rubber

Attached Image
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Sep 15 2015, 08:56 PM
Post #288

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Sep 15 2015, 08:06 PM) *

I don't know, but these are outlaw fender flares for sure...

Attached Image

Attached Image

I want that car.
Is it for sale of long gone?
+Quote Post
lonewolfe
post Sep 15 2015, 09:20 PM
Post #289

Member No.: 13,549

QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 15 2015, 07:44 PM) *

I never thought of my car as an outlaw......but, in reality, it is not a stock car either.

My objective in doing the project was to maintain somewhat of a "stock" look to the car, while doing things that would improve the performance and fun of the car.

To start the project required a search for a restorable 914. The car I selected was a 1976 model that had spent much of its life in California and ended up in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Dry, high desert country. So, though it had some rust (what 914 does not!), it was minimal. None of it was structural. So, the longs, floor pans, and trunk floors were serviceable. The battery tray did require replacement, and there was some minor rust, but very little in comparison to what I have seen here in the East.

I had much of the restoration done in Salt Lake City. I did not want to spend a huge amount, but ended up with about $18k in the car (which did not include the conversion to a 3.2/6 later in the project). For that amount, I ended up with a car that was disassembled for paint. The paint job is not concours quality (for which I did not want to pay). I would call the paint a good 5 foot car quality. Not perfect, but since the car was going to be a driver.....why spend $7k or so on a concours quality paint job to get it chipped as soon as you take it on the freeway!

I also had the interior done, but again, there was not any effort made to duplicate original. The color scheme chosen was also not stock: Estoril Blue with a Coral Red interior (think BMW M3).

- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- 21mm torsion bars
- 916 steel flares
- 19mm master cylinder

Attached Image

Your car looks great! I love the color! Is that an original Porsche color?
+Quote Post
earossi
post Sep 15 2015, 09:31 PM
Post #290

Member No.: 13,878
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(lonewolfe @ Sep 15 2015, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 15 2015, 07:44 PM) *

- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- 21mm torsion bars
- 916 steel flares
- 19mm master cylinder

Attached Image

Your car looks great! I love the color! Is that an original Porsche color?

No, the color is a BMW color. Its a dark blue metallic with a slightly purple tinge to it. The BMW color code is B45.
+Quote Post
dangerranger01
post Sep 15 2015, 09:57 PM
Post #291

Member No.: 4,578

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 15 2015, 07:56 PM) *

I want that car.
Is it for sale of long gone?

Wait really or are you trolling? It was a road race car if I remember right, back in the 80s. Looks like it was extended by an extra door...and I recall it being center seat....
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Sep 16 2015, 01:44 AM
Post #292

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 15 2015, 08:44 PM) *

- 911 Front Suspension
- 5-stud hubs
- 21mm torsion bars
- 916 steel flares
- 19mm master cylinder

Attached Image

I remember watching your car being worked on (and I helped hold a few things in place while work was being done!) and I agree that it doesn't come off as an "outlaw" because it resembles many others in the changes that were made, but those individual touches do fall into an outlaw theme- it's what you wanted and the upgrades improved the overall performance and the look of the car is unconventional with the red interior (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) which is better seen than described! It took alot of attention to detail and the car comes off great, really an eye popper! That's what brings this question to mind- Does it have to look outlaw to be outlaw? Some here are obviously built to insult the PCA crowd and others look tame but will bite your ass if you turn your back. So the question comes up again- what is needed to determine your car to be an "outlaw"... and does anyone really care? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
maf914
post Sep 16 2015, 06:19 AM
Post #293

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 29 2015, 02:59 AM) *

Is this outlaw enough........

Hey Paul, Someone stole your air scoop! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
MJHanna
post Sep 16 2015, 06:58 AM
Post #294

Does this 911 make my butt look big?

Member No.: 185

I’ve being reading this thread and have held back on saying much but an outlaw to me still has to be a street car. That is it has to have a license and is run on the street. Race cars are race cars and there are a lot of configurations and some wild things done to 914s for the sake of going faster within whatever rules the car has to comply with to run with that series. I keep thinking my 914 was an “outlaw” but after playing with it and just looking at it the last several weeks, it just is not. It falls into the “sleeper” category and I can live with that. I did what I wanted to do to it and all the things I changed make the car “my version” of a killer combination. You have to look close at mine to understand all the changes. If it was an outlaw you would not have to look close, it would scream from 10 feet. That’s the best way I can define what an outlaw is to me.
+Quote Post
madmax914
post Sep 16 2015, 09:33 AM
Post #295

Member No.: 17,007
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(MJHanna @ Sep 16 2015, 05:58 AM) *

I’ve being reading this thread and have held back on saying much but an outlaw to me still has to be a street car. That is it has to have a license and is run on the street. Race cars are race cars and there are a lot of configurations and some wild things done to 914s for the sake of going faster within whatever rules the car has to comply with to run with that series. I keep thinking my 914 was an “outlaw” but after playing with it and just looking at it the last several weeks, it just is not. It falls into the “sleeper” category and I can live with that. I did what I wanted to do to it and all the things I changed make the car “my version” of a killer combination. You have to look close at mine to understand all the changes. If it was an outlaw you would not have to look close, it would scream from 10 feet. That’s the best way I can define what an outlaw is to me.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
Somewhere in your statement is the definition of a 914 "Outlaw".
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Sep 16 2015, 11:28 AM
Post #296

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

I say slap a license on this one and go all OUTLAW (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
ssuperflyoldguy
post Dec 2 2015, 01:32 AM
Post #297

Member No.: 19,364

QUOTE(stevegm @ Aug 21 2015, 08:10 AM) *

Since we all know that there are some awesome "Outlaw 914s" represented on 914world, I thought it might be cool to start a thread. Show us your "Outlaw" rides.

mmmm - Outlaw says something a little vintage, lowered, acceptable vintage wheels, performance modifications but kinda vintage go fast at first glance, not too shiny, primer helps, cool exhaust note, soot around it. What's German for moonshine runner? - but I think until Magnus builds one, we won't really know.
My take:
I like GT flares, not Outlaw however- can't show a pic yet as I don't have it in my driveway yet but soon...
Fattest tire pushing limit's of stock (or at least appearing stock) contributes to Outlaw
Patina Fuchs, Outlaw
Full polished Fuchs, not Outlaw
really nice stock lugnuts, not Outlaw
Extended wheel studs, Outlaw
drilled out stuff, Outlaw,
color matched mirrors, not Outlaw,
polished stock old school chrome, Outlaw
Leaving the old chrome, Outlaw
Shaving door handles, not Outlaw because they are Chrome.
Picard, not Outlaw
Kirk, seriously?
Taking out the trash, not Outlaw
Taking out the trash and stopping to look at your Outlaw, Outlaw
Slammed, Outlaw
reg ride height, not outlaw (unless rallied recently - see unwashed below)
Go fast stickers or real #'s, Outlaw
unwashed, Outlaw
Monster Energy Stickers, not Outlaw unless they paid you to pimp them around...
Bride seats, not Outlaw
Empty pill bottle of crosstops, Outlaw (very Kowalski)
If you know who Kowalski is, you get Outlaw street Cred even if you drive a GeoMetro
OE800 or King Cobra, Outlaw
Going wine tasting in your Outlaw, not Outlaw
Going on a tach-check thru wine country, Outlaw
Drinking and driving, stupid
mismatched Recaros, Outlaw
missing unessential bodywork or parts, Outlaw
switching to chrome bumpers, Outlaw
modern paint colors, Not Outlaw
Slick engine swaps, not Outlaw
effective but not so slick engine swap, Outlaw
Carbuerated 6 cyl anything, Outlaw
Vintage speed stuff on engine, Outlaw
modern Fuel injection, not Outlaw unless you built it and can tune it.
completely buffed out & modified OEM FI, Outlaw
big weber's, Outlaw
ICT's, subtract Outlaw status points
Big modern stereo with Nav screen & iphone holder, not Outlaw
Blaupunk radio, Outlaw
Hole in dash where radio was, Outlaw
Trying too hard, not Outlaw
flashing your lights to move someone out of the way, Outlaw
quiet exhaust, not Outlaw
Steel wheels, not Outlaw (except mine all dated 6/66 - true)
Widened steelies, Outlaw
Slick fuel cap in ctr of hood, not Outlaw in my book
Slick fuel cap in driver's side of hood, Outlaw
Can-openered hole in hood to get to fuel cap, Outlaw
Flip open fuel cap stolen from a classic Mini, Outlaw.
a combination of at least half of these may make your teener an Outlaw
If you have to ask, not an Outlaw...

Don't mind the spelling, bedtime and my first 914World post.
+Quote Post
thieuster
post Dec 2 2015, 05:29 AM
Post #298

Member No.: 18,384
Region Association: Europe

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
And a great first posting.

Off course, we want to see pics. 'Pics or it didn't happen' is the expression, I think (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Menno
+Quote Post
MJHanna
post Dec 2 2015, 07:03 AM
Post #299

Does this 911 make my butt look big?

Member No.: 185

ssuperflyoldguy, Nice list but some of your list can lead to a sleeper rather than an outlaw: such as your engine requirements: this engine meets your def of an outlaw but you will never know it..... but I will (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Attached thumbnail(s)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Dec 2 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #300

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618

Outlaw means no rules. If you have to look up the rules for what's outlaw and what's not there's a pretty fair chance your car is not outlaw.

+Quote Post

19 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2024 - 12:05 AM