Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Turn signal cancel ring
kupcar
post Aug 23 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,528
Region Association: None

Ok, I've owned this car for a couple of weeks now and I'm having a blast working on it. Many thanks to all that have given me guidance. Here area couple of things that I plan on tackling next. The car has a Momo wheel on it. I haven't torn into the turn signal switch yet but it needs attention. How does the turn signal cancel work? If it's like a 911, there is a ring tab that turns off the signal as the wheel is rotated back to straight. Can a Momo be used and fitted with a ring tab? The turn signal switch itself seems a bit funky. Once activated, it will flash two times in the direction selected, then both arrows will flash a couple of times then nothing or very faint lighting on guage. The actual turn indicator on car functions and flashes until stalk is brought back to neutral position. It might be an issue with the fact that a 911 tach is being used for the six. Maybe previous owner didn't wire things correctly?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Aug 23 2015, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

Two issues. Yes a MOMO can have a ring. The 924 ring is a good fit and can be found for around $25 on ebay and other places. You should have 3 small screw hols on the back of your hub to mount the ring.

The flash and them dim or stop issue happens when the relay is failing. You can try to clean all the lamp sockets to give a better circuit path but plan on buying a new relay as well.
+Quote Post
kupcar
post Aug 31 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,528

Mike, Just wanted to thank you for the diagnosis. I did some cleaning and it made a big difference. A new relay is also on the to do list. Thanks again.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 09:55 AM