Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal cancel ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
Ok, I've owned this car for a couple of weeks now and I'm having a blast working on it. Many thanks to all that have given me guidance. Here area couple of things that I plan on tackling next. The car has a Momo wheel on it. I haven't torn into the turn signal switch yet but it needs attention. How does the turn signal cancel work? If it's like a 911, there is a ring tab that turns off the signal as the wheel is rotated back to straight. Can a Momo be used and fitted with a ring tab? The turn signal switch itself seems a bit funky. Once activated, it will flash two times in the direction selected, then both arrows will flash a couple of times then nothing or very faint lighting on guage. The actual turn indicator on car functions and flashes until stalk is brought back to neutral position. It might be an issue with the fact that a 911 tach is being used for the six. Maybe previous owner didn't wire things correctly?
Mike Bellis
Two issues. Yes a MOMO can have a ring. The 924 ring is a good fit and can be found for around $25 on ebay and other places. You should have 3 small screw hols on the back of your hub to mount the ring.

The flash and them dim or stop issue happens when the relay is failing. You can try to clean all the lamp sockets to give a better circuit path but plan on buying a new relay as well.
kupcar
Mike, Just wanted to thank you for the diagnosis. I did some cleaning and it made a big difference. A new relay is also on the to do list. Thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.