Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Most Original 914/6 Pictures, I would like to see.
Series9
post Sep 3 2015, 06:11 PM
Post #1

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

Since my request in the "Originality and History" area hasn't been answered, I'll open it up to general discussion.

I have a 914/6 in the shop for finishing and I would really like to see pictures of the details on cars that our members consider to be very correct.

If your were building a 914/6 for concours-type presentations, what car(s) would you use as examples of perfection?

Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Sep 3 2015, 07:27 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 3 2015, 08:11 PM) *

Since my request in the "Originality and History" area hasn't been answered, I'll open it up to general discussion.

I have a 914/6 in the shop for finishing and I would really like to see pictures of the details on cars that our members consider to be very correct.

If your were building a 914/6 for concours-type presentations, what car(s) would you use as examples of perfection?

Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This 914-6 (link below) is often considered to be one of the best six restorations ever done. I will get you some more pictures of the car in the next couple of days. I think I have a bunch of photos of it from Amelia.

http://fourteenermotoring.com/2015/03/20/a...lkinsons-914-6/
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Sep 3 2015, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,889
Region Association: Southern California

I used pictures in the factory owners manual and the factory shop manual. . It's amazing what you can see if you look in the background of the pictures. .
Also the factory parts manual shows exactly what part goes where in what order. .
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Peashooter
post Sep 4 2015, 07:01 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,903
Region Association: None

The factory manuals do help a lot, with the parts book, as mentioned. Also, take a look at the thread "Tangerine Six" in the resto forum here. He did a great job documenting a lot of the build with clear photos and the level of work is very high. That thread helped me a lot building my six, because my car was completely stripped when I got it and I didn't know how things went together a lot of the time.
Good luck with the build! I know what a commitment it is to do a car from the ground up!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 08:40 AM