Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Most Original 914/6 Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
Since my request in the "Originality and History" area hasn't been answered, I'll open it up to general discussion.

I have a 914/6 in the shop for finishing and I would really like to see pictures of the details on cars that our members consider to be very correct.

If your were building a 914/6 for concours-type presentations, what car(s) would you use as examples of perfection?

Thanks. beerchug.gif
stevegm
QUOTE(Series9 @ Sep 3 2015, 08:11 PM) *

Since my request in the "Originality and History" area hasn't been answered, I'll open it up to general discussion.

I have a 914/6 in the shop for finishing and I would really like to see pictures of the details on cars that our members consider to be very correct.

If your were building a 914/6 for concours-type presentations, what car(s) would you use as examples of perfection?

Thanks. beerchug.gif

This 914-6 (link below) is often considered to be one of the best six restorations ever done. I will get you some more pictures of the car in the next couple of days. I think I have a bunch of photos of it from Amelia.

http://fourteenermotoring.com/2015/03/20/a...lkinsons-914-6/
toolguy
I used pictures in the factory owners manual and the factory shop manual. . It's amazing what you can see if you look in the background of the pictures. .
Also the factory parts manual shows exactly what part goes where in what order. .
Peashooter
The factory manuals do help a lot, with the parts book, as mentioned. Also, take a look at the thread "Tangerine Six" in the resto forum here. He did a great job documenting a lot of the build with clear photos and the level of work is very high. That thread helped me a lot building my six, because my car was completely stripped when I got it and I didn't know how things went together a lot of the time.
Good luck with the build! I know what a commitment it is to do a car from the ground up!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.