Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914/6 Subie Swap - Transmission/Axle help, Anyone have a solution to my axle problem?
TheBabyBadger
post Sep 14 2015, 06:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,103
Region Association: Northern California

So.............

I bought a Swapped EZ30R 914. It is running a WRX 5spd manual trans. It's mostly done and I'm cleaning up and wiring, but I've run into a problem with the axles. I got it with the driver side axle broken, and did not get the axle so I'm not sure EXACTLY what is actually broken.

The long and short of this is obviously there IS an axle solution, because it's already been done once, but I'm not sure what that solution is. My guess is the axle is 914 with a Subie or similar CV swapped onto inboard end of it.

My other option is a female stub axle that will work on the Subie trans (it has a male stub) and bolt to the 914 or even a 944 axle.

Any and all help appreciated. To recap - Axle is 914 on outboard side with Subie female CV inboard. Thanks in advance.

Fully custom axles aren't a terrible idea, but I don't know who could make the entire axle. Currently the company the axle is with wants $600 just to replicate the axle shaft, which is quite high.

I'm located in the Bay, so PM me if you're local and can help. I'm not looking for freebies I just wanna drive this thing.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:01 AM