Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> To repair or not
EdwardBlume
post Sep 19 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #21

914 Wizard

Group: Members
Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

I wouldn't mess with it. The rust is "original" to the car...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 19 2015, 07:46 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 19,161
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Harpo if you would be interested in looking it over with me sometime That would be great. You could pm me if interested. If not I understand. jmitro the rest of the car is clean from what I can tell I have the rockers off and hell hole and usual suspect spots look and feel good. I am taking pics today and will post later. The car had all rust repairs made and replaced in 93 and car has been in AZ last 15 years. I think my uncle must have left it parked outside or washed it and covered it and it got water in the trunk area. The pad was wet when I pulled it up. The rest of the car real is solid. Hopeful someone local can check it out to confirm this. I will get the fuel pump Mon or Tuesday and then it will be running and maybe I can drive it somewhere to get a ppi on it.
+Quote Post
Harpo
post Sep 19 2015, 07:59 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 13,469
Region Association: None

I'm certainly no expert but I can come take a look this weekend. PM me your phone & availability.

David
+Quote Post
Harpo
post Sep 19 2015, 02:17 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 13,469
Region Association: None

It was nice to meet you today

I checked my 75 wiring schematic but I can't find anything, of course I may be reading the schematic wrong. The three white wires in the engine bay same thing. There are no all white wires on my wiring diagram

After seeing the car in person I agree that the rear trunk pan should come out as a whole, way too many pin holes. There is a small rust hole that will need to be cleaned up and a patch welded in. I found no evidence of any previous repairs. The car was repainted from ivory to bright white in the past. The paint is not perfect I would rate it as good driver quality.

I learned something new today. The Taco plate on this car had no temperature sender. Is that because it is a non-appearance group car?

Document your repair process and good luck with the sale.

David
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 19 2015, 02:28 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 19 2015, 04:17 PM) *

It was nice to meet you today

I checked my 75 wiring schematic but I can't find anything, of course I may be reading the schematic wrong. The three white wires in the engine bay same thing. There are no all white wires on my wiring diagram

After seeing the car in person I agree that the rear trunk pan should come out as a whole, way too many pin holes. There is a small rust hole that will need to be cleaned up and a patch welded in. I found no evidence of any previous repairs. The car was repainted from ivory to bright white in the past. The paint is not perfect I would rate it as good driver quality.

I learned something new today. The Taco plate on this car had no temperature sender. Is that because it is a non-appearance group car?

Document your repair process and good luck with the sale.

David
Attached Image

Thanks Dave it was nice meeting you too. It was super nice of you to drive all the way out here to check out my car. I appreciate what knowledge you shared and the help showing me what to look for. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know. Looking foward to getting her goin. Thanks again.
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 21 2015, 09:09 AM
Post #26

Ok guys I got a lot of pics now I just have to find out how to link them. Harpo came out Saturday and I found out the cat is More original than I thought. I thought more repairs were done to it than there was. turns out the longs are original and I thought they had been replaced. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) don't know if that's bad or good but they are clean and solid. Here are the pics of them.Attached Image
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 21 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #27

Passenger sideAttached Image
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 21 2015, 10:20 AM
Post #28

Here are the pics I took Saturday. lets say they are the Before Pics. This is the condition of the car as I got it. When I post it to sell it will be cleaned thoroughly.

http://s430.photobucket.com/user/mckeedad6...rt=3&page=1
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post Sep 21 2015, 10:42 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 19 2015, 03:17 PM) *

Attached Image

is there a question about this picture? I don't have my 75 diagram in front of me(Prospero's garage) but IIRC the Blk / Blu is the rheostat. it dims the back lights on the gauges, so those 2 go on some gauge or an option of a guage that did not come on your car.

I can (or someone will know) check my diagram once I am home.
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 21 2015, 10:45 AM
Post #30

QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Sep 21 2015, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 19 2015, 03:17 PM) *

Attached Image

is there a question about this picture? I don't have my 75 diagram in front of me(Prospero's garage) but IIRC the Blk / Blu is the rheostat. it dims the back lights on the gauges, so those 2 go on some gauge or an option of a guage that did not come on your car.

I can (or someone will know) check my diagram once I am home.

That's kind of what I thought so that's good to know. Just trying to get everything in working order before I list it
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2024 - 09:08 AM