Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Headlight switch, Dimmer gone to earth ?
porschetub
post Sep 19 2015, 03:42 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

While going through me own personal hell with the dash wiring,I noted the instrument light dimmer wasn't working very well, not too worried because it did work afterall.
Then some weeks later it has gone to a dead short when turned to full brightness,how could this happen,I've checked that the power wire(black/blue stripe ) isn't grounding anywhere.
The lamps are weak @ best so my idea was to bridge the 2 wires 58b and 58k together and bypass the dimmer all together,I'am thinking it will work?
Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Sep 19 2015, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 20 2015, 09:42 AM) *

While going through me own personal hell with the dash wiring,I noted the instrument light dimmer wasn't working very well, not too worried because it did work afterall.
Then some weeks later it has gone to a dead short when turned to full brightness,how could this happen,I've checked that the power wire(black/blue stripe ) isn't grounding anywhere.
The lamps are weak @ best so my idea was to bridge the 2 wires 58b and 58k together and bypass the dimmer all together,I'am thinking it will work?
Thanks.

Fixed.......found loose wire on the back of headlight switch touching inside of the dash ,old story the last place you look.......
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Sep 20 2015, 04:58 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

And then it turned round and bit me in the ass,appears whole gauge lighting circuit is down the earth and results in a dead short (blown fuse)with the key is on and the dimmer set to full position.
When I remove the wiring off the switch dimmer pin it tests to earth with my meter so I now believe its not the switch,any idea's....please.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 09:10 AM