Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
While going through me own personal hell with the dash wiring,I noted the instrument light dimmer wasn't working very well, not too worried because it did work afterall.
Then some weeks later it has gone to a dead short when turned to full brightness,how could this happen,I've checked that the power wire(black/blue stripe ) isn't grounding anywhere.
The lamps are weak @ best so my idea was to bridge the 2 wires 58b and 58k together and bypass the dimmer all together,I'am thinking it will work?
Thanks.
porschetub
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 20 2015, 09:42 AM) *

While going through me own personal hell with the dash wiring,I noted the instrument light dimmer wasn't working very well, not too worried because it did work afterall.
Then some weeks later it has gone to a dead short when turned to full brightness,how could this happen,I've checked that the power wire(black/blue stripe ) isn't grounding anywhere.
The lamps are weak @ best so my idea was to bridge the 2 wires 58b and 58k together and bypass the dimmer all together,I'am thinking it will work?
Thanks.

Fixed.......found loose wire on the back of headlight switch touching inside of the dash ,old story the last place you look.......
porschetub
And then it turned round and bit me in the ass,appears whole gauge lighting circuit is down the earth and results in a dead short (blown fuse)with the key is on and the dimmer set to full position.
When I remove the wiring off the switch dimmer pin it tests to earth with my meter so I now believe its not the switch,any idea's....please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.